The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Program Accountant to work in Socioeconomics Program (SEP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Ensure timely preparation of accurate financial information and reports for review with SEP Finance Manager according to CIMMYT’s standards, signed agreements and CGIAR policy.
- Provide monthly analysis to scientific staff within SEP.
- Maintain full records of documents related to each project to ensure that basic financial reports are complete and accurate.
- Follow up on CAPEX transactions having full record of documents related to each purchase, working in cooperation with Accounting and Scientific staff.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors during special projects and annual audits.
- Transfer all expense accounts to donors, ensuring that reported amounts match amounts contained in financial reports.
- Prepare balance accounts and account allocation as required, in coordination with CIMMYT’s General Accountant.
- Administration of Procurement and Sub-grants
- Perform other support tasks, including but not limited to: monitoring monthly and annual close of accounts; preparing monthly reconciliations; monitoring SEP deposits; managing credit cards monthly statements from all scientific staff; reviewing Quick books an Chargebacks monthly expenses.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of working experience.
- Knowledge of ERP, databases, data extraction methods, report presentation and analytical skills.
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Advanced skills in Excel).
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize and to plan
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer Orientation, Communication, Teamwork and Achievement orientation.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19226 Program Accountant. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, October 15, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.