Project Administrator ICS-Kibwezi
Project development in the host community
· Develop new/review existing project plans based on evidence generated and in Line with VSO thematic areas of focus
· Assess and identify partners with co-shared objectives and as guided by ICS and VSO standards
· Support partners to develop appropriate and relevant project descriptions and activities
Partners Capacity Building
· Identifying support and capacity gaps amongst partners including host homes.
· Capacity building partners including Volunteer Management System (VMS) Training, Host-Homes orientation, Social Inclusion etc.
Volunteer and Team Leaders Management and Support
· Provide adequate support and supervision of volunteers and TLs throughout the programme.
· Promote and encourage appropriate behaviour and ensure safety and security standards procedures are met and understood.
· Support TLs and volunteers to build effective and enabling relationships with host country counterparts and adapt effectively to a different culture and working environment.
· Prepare references for alumni and volunteers based on their performance and supporting early returns and medical cases
Facilitation and Training
· Promote learning amongst volunteers on global, cross-cultural and intercultural issues through the delivery of training and learning tools and support youth led and on-placement training throughout the programme.
· Deliver training using participatory approaches and skills to volunteers, which adequately equip them for their placements.
· Oversee Team Leaders and volunteers induction training including In Country Orientations, In Community Orientations and support to deliver youth-led training and learning activities throughout the programme
Relationship management and partnership working
· Work effectively with ICS PO and act as a representative of VSO Kenya and partners at all times.
· Support Host Homes and Placements organizations in promoting learning, cross-cultural engagement and relationship building.
· Ensure that all programme partners and stakeholders are kept regularly informed about the progress of the in-country programmes
Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting
· Capture learnings from all volunteers, stakeholders and outcomes in accordance with the overall purpose and objectives of the programme.
· Develop quality team plans, debrief reports, cumulative monitoring tools and project updates.
· Support volunteers is documenting their learning journeys and case studies.
· Reporting on any medical, safety and security incidents.
· Source and use cost effective means and measures in the community to ensure value for donor money and quality project.
· Develop monthly work plans with budget projections for the community. Manage the community budget and submit weekly reports to the country office
Promote active citizenship amongst the youth
· Provide post placement support through regular follow-ups, linkages to opportunities as well as engagement in ICS activities, advocacy and leadership elements.
· Provide Post placement support for the Return Volunteers (Action At and Home).
· Support youth in developing and refining social action project proposals.
· Support alumni in implementing social action projects
Security and safety of volunteers and primary actors and disciplinary management
· Conduct community, partners, host homes and activity risk assessments.
· Review the risk assessments on quarterly basis and share updated reports with the County People Manager.
· Medical facilities assessed and approved prior use of services. Incidences documented and reported to the country people manager as stipulated in VSO and ICS incident reporting protocol.
· Ensure volunteers sign the ICS volunteer agreement and are aware of expected code of conduct, safeguarding policy and child protection policy.
· Manage disciplinary issues and ensure they are documented, and disciplinary process followed as guided by ICS disciplinary procedures.
· Volunteers, TLs and partners grievances are managed in a professional manner and documented
Project Administration and Logistics
· Organize project logistics within the community, prepare requisitions for materials, equipment, training venues, accommodation etc. as required.
· Liaison with programme Assistant and Officer for support required outside the community. Develop service Terms or reference and contracts as needed e.g. for Consultants