Emergency and Resilience Data Analyst
Juba (South Sudan)
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by the FAO Representative, is to assist Governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The current portfolio of projects in South Sudan includes activities related to agriculture, livestock, fisheries and natural resource management, and is implemented with humanitarian, transitional and development funding. The incumbent will contribute to successful achievement of FAO Emergency Livelihood Response Programmer (ELRP) objectives.
The Programme Implementation Specialist is responsible for maintaining overview of the implementation of the Emergency Livelihood Response Programmer (ELRP), led by the Emergency Response Coordinator. The Project Implementation Specialist will provide regular updates to the Emergency Response Coordinator and Programme for timely decision-making, efficient coordination in the planning and implementation of emergency response projects.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative South Sudan, and under the direct supervision of the Resilience Measurement and Analysis Specialist, in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation unit, with the technical backstopping of the Lead Technical Unit (ESA), the incumbent will perform data processing and analysis that contributes to efforts for monitoring project results (outputs and outcomes) related to resilience building as included in the respective project logical frameworks and Monitoring and Evaluation Plans.
Tasks and responsibilities
The incumbent will carry out the following specific tasks\:
FAO Core Competencies
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.