Administrative and logistics coordinator (M/F) - Bangladesh
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde (MdM), a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM France currently works in 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority thematic areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts and, health and Environment.
MdM France has launched a quick assessment in Bangladesh in December 2016 to explore the humanitarian situation in the country. MdM validated then a gradual intervention in Bangladesh and the MdM mission in Bangladesh opened in February 2017. From August 2017, a massive wave of population fleeing violence in the Rakhine state in Myanmar crossed the border to find refuge in Cox’s Bazar district in Bangladesh. This unprecedented situation created an emergency humanitarian situation.
After nearly 2 years of emergency activities in Cox’s bazar, MdM has now entered in a new phase and aims at strengthening its response at qualitative level and to become a recognized actor on Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Mental Health and PsychoSocial Support (MHPSS) through technical support to all non-governmental organizations (national and international) implementing healthcare services in refugee camps, for both host communities and displaced population.
In coordination with relevant national and local authorities, institutional donors and local partners, MdM now wishes to strengthen and develop its operations in the field of Migration, health and human rights, Crises and emergencies, and Mental health and psychosocial support.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the general coordinator and in close collaboration with the support departments at the HQ and with the field teams in Cox's Bazar, the coordinator is responsible for the overall management of finances, accounting, logistics, human resources, administrative and legal aspects of the projects.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
Accounting, budget planning & monitoring
- Supervising the operations of accounting, budget planning, and programs monitoring.
- Developing and implementng the financial procedures and guidelines.
- Cash management & monthly fund requests.
- Supervisng the accounting, invoices, and allowance payment.
- Budget monitoring.
Funding & donors
- Ensurng the representation of MdM in front of donors.
- Ensurng appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan, as well as MdM commitments to donors.
- Negotiating financial elements and preparing answers to contractual obligations fixed by donors.
Human resources management
HR & Administrative management of the national staff:
- Sharing and comparing with other NGOs conditions of employment and rules.
- Developing the HR policy regarding the context in Bangladesh.
- Creating or improving a database for the monthly allowance payment including all taxes when registration is approved.
- Ensuring the application of MDM rules for the national staff (HR & Administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts, constitution of individual files, briefing of new employees, confidentiality of HR information…)
- Putting in place the general HR administration procedures.
- Updating the mission organizational chart and the constant companion.
- Implementing MdM wage and appraisal policies.
HR & Administrative management of the expatriate staff:
- Ensuring the existence of written job descriptions.
- Ensuring the application of local legislation concerning the expatriate personnel (visas).
- Participating in the definition of living rules and working conditions.
- Supervising the constitution of individual files.
- Making arrival and departure briefings about the HR & Administrative and contractual aspects.
- Supervising the payment of monthly per-diem for volunteers, and advances for the expatriates.
- Respecting the rules for expatriate management regarding to their status (volunteer, salary, desk).
- Following-up HR & administrative aspects for expatriates with HQ: modifying flight tickets when necessary, etc.
- Answering all formalities and requirements made by the local authorities, within the times allowed (visa issues, registration, contracts, etc.)
- Be the focal point to deal with the contracted lawyer upon express delegation of the Genco.
- Supervising the preparation of the various contracts.
- Checking on the existence, monitoring and the archiving of all documents and contracts.
- Working with the HQ and general coordination on all issues linked to registrations in Bangladesh.
- Updating and implementing logistical processes and tools and ensuring that everyone is trained and respecting them.
- Assisting the field on scheduling all logistics activities needed, including procurement, fleet management.
- Managing the fleet, transportation and movement coordination.
- Providing input on logistics matters to the coordination team for proposal and report writing.
- Ensuring the good filling and follow-up of all the logistics tools for a good capitalization at mission level.
- Communicating regularly with the logistics assistant and Field Coordinator in order to ensure good understanding of the logistics activities and logistics priorities of each one.
- Responsible for all communication related to logistic issues with the Emergency Log Referent at HQ level.
- Performing the role of technical adviser and take final responsibility for all logistical tasks of the Mission.
- Responsible for the appropriate selection (in collaboration with the Referent Logistician in HQ), installation, use and maintenance of equipment across the following technical disciplines: Information Technology, Communications, Mechanics, Energy & Electricity, etc.
- Developing and maintaining a good network of contacts to facilitate emergency responses (customs, suppliers, other NGOs, etc.) and provide logistics support to any emergency responses as per needed.
- Sizing and adapting logistics means to program development.
- Facilitating the communication within the logistics component of the team and between the different members of the team on logistics issues.
- Responsible for the technical support of all logistics staff.
- Responsible for the capacity building and training of all logistics staff to improve efficiency, awareness of, and compliance with, logistics systems and procedures.
- Briefing and debriefing staff on logistical and technical aspects of the Mission.
- Participate in development, review, implementation and monitoring of MdM’s security measures in-country.
- Ensuring security briefing regarding movements and means of communication to all expat and national staff joining the mission.
- Ensuring the safety of offices, guesthouses.
- Monitoring the security context and any deterioration in this that could affect operations and provide guidance to teams/sites as required.
- Compiling all security incidents in MdM area of intervention received from General Coordinator and fills the security incident follow up.
Procurement and supply chain
- Ensuring the overall supply chain management for the response in country (international & local purchases).
- In charge of the implementation, follow up and respect of MdM Logistics procedures (purchase, communication, stock management, fleet management, park status).
- Ensuring active monitoring of the purchasing process including overseeing local customs clearance of imports, until delivery of the goods and the official handover of items against signature of receipt.
- Ensuring that the filing system to record and archive all procurements is rigorously maintained by the logistics team.
- Ensuring the existence and maintenance of a supplier database and develop robust local supplier relationships at national level.
- Ensuring systems mitigate risks from corruption and insecurity.
- Proposing a set up for the financial, accounting, HR and log team adapted to the mission size.
- Ensuring proper collaboration and team work amongst finance, HR and log team, as well as together with the programs teams.
- Recruiting and trains the financial, accounting, HR and log staff.
- Supporting its team for any administrative, accounting and financial issue, HR issues or log issues.
- Providing regular evaluation to the team under his/her responsibility.
Communication - Reporting - Learning
- Provides timely a monthly financial, HR and log report including the budget follow up with explanation on discrepancies.
- Participates to the weekly team meeting
- Ensures that copy or originals of all invoices are timely sent to Paris HQ; that copy or original of all legal documents and contracts are timely sent to Paris HQ.
- Consolidate logistics reporting (assets, fleet, premises …) and prepare monthly logistic report.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status :** Employee
Fixed-term contract (3 months)
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2548 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Experience of 2 years minimum in a similar position
Capable of setting up all the issues on HR and legal aspects of a new mission.
Experience in negotiations and relations with local partners, MdM Network chapters and authorities in a moving and difficult legal, Administrative and political context
Experience in multi donors funded projects
Ability to work in unstable and volatile context
Excellent computer skills
Knowledge of Saga is an asset
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
Ability to work under pressure
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
Organisational skills, rigor, detail oriented
Ability to classify and to manage priorities
Listening and diplomacy skills
Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions (proximity to an armed conflict, unstable situation)
Patience and sense of humour
Languages: English is mandatory, French is an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JGNKYYvI?idpartenaire=128