Technical ICLA Assistant
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Jordan
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families,and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values:
dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyze data and trends for informed decisions and Capacity building skills. In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Roles and Responsibilities
The ICLA Technical Admin Assistant is a position that would enable ICLA staff to focus on provision of relevant support to target population, while taking care of specific administrative/practical and financial aspects of the operation and paper work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Specific responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the ICLA programme.
- Track payments of particular ICLA-related approaches.
- Keep tracking sheets up-to-date.
- Coordinate closely with NRC's Finance department on a day-to-day basis, across the country.
- Keep proper record of steps taken and proper documentation.
- Ensure proper filing of documentation.Other administrative/practical tasks as agreed with the line manager.
- Generic responsibilities:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the Core Competency portfolio according to plan of action.
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated.
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team.
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards &principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Qualification requirement: Vocational/Tawjihi degree or equivalent
- Years of Experience: 1
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and
ideally a relevant vocational qualification.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
We can offer
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be screened as received and position will close once a suitable candidate is identified.
Contract period: Till December 31, 2019
Salary/benefits: 842 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Irbid
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing,training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent.
Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs