IT Operations Assistant G5_WFP Algeria/Tindouf
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in French language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) English and Arabic.
In WFP Algeria, the Job holders report directly to the Deputy Country Director.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
1. Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
2. Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
3. Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
4. Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
5. Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
6. With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
7. Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
8. Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
9. Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
11. Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
12. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
13. Manage program unit data base
- Compilation of data received from monitoring team.
- Data cleaning / report to program unit the lack of information on Post Distribution Monitoring forms.
- Generate results from PDMs Data base (quarterly, midyear, annual)
- Improve the method of data collection (Mobile Data Collection and Analytics) and Results.
- Follow the rollout process of new solution implementation.
- Provide Technical (IT)support for M&E Assessment and Evaluation (JAM/Nutrition survey)
14. Perform any other duties
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
• Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
• Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
• Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
- Contract Type : Fixed-Term (FT), 12 months (renewable)
- Remuneration: As per UN salary scales
- Duty station: Tindouf- Algeria
- This Position is open only to Algerian Citizens
No later than: October, 19 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.