Individual consultant - Staff Emotional Intelligence Development and Emotional Quotient evaluation
The consultant will be in charge of conducting a pre-assessment, designing, organizing and delivering the event and submitting a final report on the key learnings of the sessions. All reports and interventions of the consultant during the assigment will be in French.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
As such, the entire UNICEF Madagascar team will be meeting in Ampefy, Madagascar for a staff retreat betweeen 20 – 22 November 2019. The main focus of this retreat will be Emotional intelligence (EI) to give space to the staff to develop self-awareness and self-management and position themselves in a period of organizational change. The team requires the services of an Expert to facilitate the retreat, pre and post preparation and reporting (prepared in French).
The intervention is expected to include a self-assessment component on EQ (Emotional Quotient) evaluation for Senior Supervisors and to explore ways to move forward.
The consultant will be in charge of conducting a pre-assessment, designing, organizing and delivering the event and submitting a final report on the key learnings of the sessions. All reports and interventions of the consultant during the assignment will be in French.
UNICEF Madagascar Office is seeking to engage an individual consultant with proven experience in managing leadership skill development events. He /She will deliver an EQ/EI training, aiming to increase staff self-awareness and self-management and help them cope with the changes in the Organization, to enable them to thrive in times of organizational transformation.
The Consultant will have to gather feedback on competencies of the Senior Supervisors, to provide personalized and efficient sessions, aimed at increasing EQ and EI and the understanding of the importance of managing change.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Specialist the EQ/EI Expert will:
• Administer and score an EQ for Leadership inventory/test to Senior Supervisors (number estimated at 30);
• Based on the needs assessment discussion and EQ inventory, propose the content, design and delivery of the 1.5 day intervention and prepare an agenda that reflects the proposed structure in collaboration with the staff retreat facilitator;
• Deliver a one-and-a-half-day event in the Staff Retreat meeting in Ampefy on 20-22 November 2019 with a focus on Emotional Intelligence;
• Prepare and present a final report in French version summarizing the event and the key learnings / recommendations emerging from the two and a half day interventions with staff and Senior Supervisors.
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Specialist.
Total after acceptance by the HR Specialist of final report in French. Payment effective maximum 30 days after receipt of invoice.
As per UNICEF DFAM policy, payment is made against approved deliverables.
The consultancy will be governed by and subject to UNICEF’s General Terms and Conditions for individual contracts.
The workshop preparation and report preparation are to be done remotely from the consultant’s normal working location. The workshop will take place at the Eucalyptus Hotel in Ampefy on 20-22 November 2019. Travel from the Expert’s general work location to Ampefy and accommodation will be reimbursed as per UNICEF policy at the most economical rate.
The consultant must meet the following requirements:
• Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Industrial psychology or relevant areas.
• Minimum 5 years of proven experience in design, delivery and facilitation of organizational events and EI/EQ, teambuilding activities at local, regional and international level.
• In-depth knowledge of Emotional Intelligence (EI) development.
• In-depth knowledge of Emotional Quotient (EQ) evaluation.
• Fully proficient in written and spoken French; Malagasy an asset.
• Confirmed report writing capacity in French
• Previous experience working with non-profit organizations and UN agencies is an asset.
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Interested candidates are requested to apply only online via the link https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job= by 16 October 2019 and attach:
• A short CV (no more than 4 pages)
• A financial offer showing all-inclusive fees including consultancy fees, lump sum travel and subsistence costs as applicable; in the evaluation of the financial proposal, UNICEF will consider its own internal policies and rules, as well as UNICEF best interest;
• Copies of relevant diplomas/certificates
• References related to similar consultancies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will participate in the next step of the selection process.