Associate Professional Officer (Agribusiness/Market Development)
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to
develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to develop the
agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Associate Professional Officer (Agribusiness/Market Development) reports directly to the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) under the overall guidance of the Chief Technical Adviser (PROMOVE Agribiz Project).
Support to the implementation of strategy and policy development and agricultural investment operations with a focus on agribusiness development. In particular, strengthen FAO Mozambique project delivery in all matters related to the development of the abilities of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) or market-oriented agricultural production.
Collection and analysis of information, data and statistics and project / meeting services to support programme projects, products and services.
- Collects and analyzes relevant technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional and technology related information, data and/or statistics to support the delivery of programme projects, products and services;
- Undertakes analysis, provides technical input for plans and reports and edits/revises technical/scientific documents;
- Participates in the development of improved work methods, tools and systems;
- Updates databases and web pages;
- Participates on multi-disciplinary project/work teams;
- Collaborates in the development of training tools and materials and the organization of workshops/seminars etc.;
- Specific Functions
- Supports the creation of competitive agricultural value chains and rural markets, through integration of smallholders and MSMEs in rural markets and selected value chains through regular business linkages, by improving local farmers ability to enter these markets and profit from market opportunities;
- Assists in designing an Agricultural Production Trading and Marketing training curriculum and training materials;
- Assists in the preparation and facilitation of the training courses of master trainers and facilitators on Agricultural Production Trading and Marketing (APTM) training;
- Supports the training of Master Trainers Course on Agricultural Production Trading and Marketing in close collaboration with the PROMOVE Agribiz Project Coordinator and Hub Coordinators;
- Prepares the APTM methodological and technical hand out materials;
- Supports the three PROMOVE Agribiz Hub Coordinators in implementing the APTM training in the project area;
- Collaborates with the two Provincial Directorates of Agriculture and Food Security (DPASAs) and the ten District Services of Agriculture in the implementation of the PROMOVE Agribiz;
- Prepares a report of activities.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• This position is for Belgium nationals only;
• Advanced university degree in agricultural sciences, agricultural economics or a related field;
• Three years of relevant experience in the areas of agro-industry system development, agri-food industry economics/management or a related field;
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish);
• Be no older than 32 years of age as of 31 December 2019.
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Extent and relevance of experience in agribusiness, agro-industries, food systems, sustainable development and implementation of environmental related programmes and projects
• Extent and relevance of experience in collecting and analysing technical information and data
• Extent and relevance of experience in the preparation, editing and revision of technical/scientific documents and in organizing meetings as well as workshops