Driver, Multiple positions
Juba (South Sudan)
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Support Services, the Driver provides driving support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes and driving ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. In performing her/his work, the Driver promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Driver works in close collaboration with Support Services in the Country Office, as well as with staff of other UN agencies to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, in country driving regulations, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Support Services, the driver provides reliable and safe driving services to project team and visitors, ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver has a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance and cleaning of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Immediate action in case of accident
2. Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Ensures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean.
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
5. Ensures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the UNOPS services.
- Certificate of completion of secondary/high school is required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Minimum of two years work experience as a driver is required
- Skills in driving is a requirement
- Knowledge in mechanic is an added advantage
- Fluency in speaking, writing and reading English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is desired.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement Contract level: LICA-2
Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information -South Sudan
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.