National Volunteer & U.S. Programs Coordinator
Virginia Beach (United States of America)
Disaster Relief – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing International (OBI) is a humanitarian organization dedicated to relieving human suffering. OBI combats hunger, deprivation and physical affliction with the provision of food, clothing, shelter, medical care and other basic necessities of life. We also help facilitate the development of healthy, vibrant and self-sustaining communities by addressing larger issues of education, food security, potable water, employment, community health, and disaster mitigation projects.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated National Volunteer & U.S. Programs Coordinator to support and assist in the development and continued growth of Operation Blessing’s volunteers and volunteer programs for domestic and international disaster relief, and OB’s Hunger Strike Force.
The selected candidate will help maintain a strong volunteer experience that cultivates long-term commitment and growth for OB in support of all US programs.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Ability to interact with staff and public in a positive manner
· Demonstrate ability to successfully and positively lead people and projects while under pressure to meet deadlines
· Knowledge of non-profit organizational practices and procedure and previous experience with a proven track record of volunteer programs and coordination
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis in Excel
· Excellent organizational skills demonstrating extreme attention to detail
· Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
· Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
· Ability to effectively work with large teams, projects and tasks simultaneously
· Ability to make business-related purchases on behalf of organization
· Ability to take initiative, be innovative, work independently, and function well as a team player
· Ability to travel from time to time during disaster deployments or other related events
· Available to work flexible hours and travel on short notice
A Charity you can trust!
OBI is a nonprofit organization dedicated to demonstrating God’s love by alleviating human need and suffering in the United States and around the world. OBI provides strategic relief in 39 countries on a daily basis through core programs such as disaster relief, medical aid, hunger relief, vulnerable children and orphan care, clean water and community development.
Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia, OBI not only offers you a competitive salary and full benefits, it offers you an opportunity to make a global impact! This job will challenge you spiritually as well as professionally, rewarding your commitment to perform with integrity and excellence.
If you desire to make a difference in the lives of others, share our vision and purpose, we would like to hear from you! Visit our web site at www.ob.org to submit an online application. Resumes without applications will not be given full consideration.