Field coordinator (M/F) - Myitkyina, Myanmar
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde (MdM), a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM France currently works in 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority thematic areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts and, health and Environment.
MdM has been operating in Myanmar since 1994. Its main programme delivers comprehensive Harm Reduction and HIV/AIDS prevention and care, focusing on the high-risk groups of people who inject drugs in Kachin State and Female Sex Workers and Men having Sex with Men in Yangon area with strong emphasize on peer led outreach and community mobilisation. In addition, MdM provides capacity building on harm reduction to local organisations who are involved in Harm Reduction programme in Kachin as well.
In Kachin, MdM-F implements harm reduction programmes in three sites (Myitkyina, Moegaung, Hopin) for People Who Inject Drugs (PWID) providing a comprehensive package of services. Activities include Needle and Syringe Exchange programme (NSEP), condom distribution and promotion, HIV Testing and Counselling (HTC), Hepatitis B testing and vaccination, Hepatitis C virus (HCV) screening, enrolment of HIV positive clients into ART care (a cohort of 2000 patients at the end of 2018), Sexually transmitted infections (STI) and TB screening and treatment services, methadone maintenance treatment (MMT), Isoniazid Preventive Therapy (IPT) and targeted Information, Education and Communication (IEC), community based overdose prevention and management and gender sensitive services. Current and future strategy focuses on enhancing quality of services supporting local organisations and health system in scaling up and provision of health services for PWID; the programme is currently funded by Global Fund, USAID.
From mid-2019, HCV treatment will be integrated with objective to reduce Hepatitis-C-related morbidity and mortality among HCV positive people who inject drugs in MdM Harm Reduction programme in Kachin state. The programme is a collaborative initiative of MdM, Save the Children (Principal Recipient for Global Fund) and MSF-Swiss. It will be implemented in coordination with national hepatitis programme and local authorities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the implementation of MdM strategy in Kachin and compliance of logistics, human resources, administration and security procedures of MdM Kachin projects.
You are the direct line manager of the Kachin coordination team: field program coordinator, networking and partnership coordinator, finance manager, human resources manager, logistics manager and the programme managers of the three implementation sites.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
- Supervise the overall implementation against contracted outputs and outcomes and ensure that MdM and donor audits recommendations are carefully followed and implemented
- Ensure the compliance of the programme activities with MdM strategy, principles and guidelines
- Ensure good coordination between the logistics, administrative and programme departments in Kachin
- Play an active role in the MdM Myanmar strategy and programme design, in implementing management procedures and decisions
Human resources and team management
- Manage the Kachin HR manager to ensure compliance with donor procedures and the national administrative and legal regulations
- Define the general organisation of the intervention sites and teams, manage and supervise the Kachin coordination team
- Ensure smooth communication between team members and ensure that all staff members benefit from clear and measurable objectives and development plans
- Ensure that MdM is compliant with HR laws in coordination with HR manager in Yangon
- Make sure that MdM Myanmar guidelines and procedures are in line with MdM France and are updated regularly
- Carry out appraisal of the team according to MdM France HR policy
- Manage the Kachin logistics manager, who receives technical management from the logistics coordinator in Yangon
- Guarantee procurement processes in Kachin comply with donors and MdM regulations
- Supervise the logistics manager to ensure high quality supply chain and assets management
- Guarantee that fleet management processes comply with donors and MdM security rules
- Ensure that all programme items are properly handled at the end of the programme whether through donations or transfer
Administrative and finance supervision
- Manage the Kachin finance manager, who receives technical management from the finance coordinator in Yangon
- Manage the overall budgets which includes also transparency of fund use and all programmatic expenditures
- Develop the new budget proposals for donors, preparation of annual budgets and monthly budget follow up analysis
Relations with government, donors and stakeholders
- Represent MdM in Kachin State and work in coordination with managers and coordinators to ensure consistent and relevant MdM representation
- Carry out frequent representation activities to build and maintain a supportive environment for MdM programmes in Kachin
- Represent MdM with local donors and organise donors visits in Kachin
- Ensures a quality partnership with relevant organizations engaged in harm reduction activities and local authorities
Safety and security management
- Be responsible for the safety and security of MdM team members, sites and goods in Kachin State
- Be responsible to ensure the safety and wellbeing of MdM teams in a context where staff involved in harm reduction activities can be subject to harassment by local authorities
- Conduct regular analysis of the context and security conditions in order to shape and adapt safety and security rules
- Ensure the implementation of security rules and procedures, including providing briefings about safety and security when required.
Reporting and communication
- Be responsible for regular reporting on the MdM activities implemented in Kachin state to your line manager; ensure that all Kachin sites regularly submit reports
- Supervise the drafting of donor reports for activities implemented in Kachin, and of narrative, financial, intermediary and final reports, makes sure in compliance with donor requirements
- Relay relevant information between Myanmar coordination team and Kachin teams
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 042 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
At least 3 years project coordination experience in development/humanitarian context
Extensive experience in project cycle management, management tools and M&E mechanisms
Team manager with a strong leadership
Experience in partnership development with local authorities
Past experience in HIV/Harm Reduction related interventions is an asset
Past experience with Global Fund and/or USAID funds is an asset
Knowledge of Myanmar region/environment a strong asset
Languages : excellent English writing/speaking skills
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JZcduzdB?idpartenaire=128