ICT Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance
Background Information - Job-specific
The United Nations Support Office for Somalia (UNSOS) is mandated to provide administrative and logistics support to its partners in implementing the United Nations Security council resolution on Somalia.
The Performance Management Section (PMS) in the Supply Chain Management Service (SCMS) focuses on assisting internal clients and implementation partners to achieve high quality mandate results through an integrated approach that links results-based management and performance monitoring with a more effective and new ways of working by enabling data and insight driven decision making. The Performance Management Section (PMS) acts as the hub for all aspect of the missions Business Intelligence efforts including BI requirement development, data sourcing, modeling, visualization and reporting.
The ICT Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance will support the implementation of the Business Intelligence Operating Model in UNSOS. The BI initiative in UNSOS has increasingly involved a major exercise to ensure data quality. The ICT Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance is expected to analyse the quality and quantity of UNSOS mission support data to ensure that the data have the highest quality. The consultant will work closely with the Business Intelligence Unit, UNOPS team and data creators and owns to ensure timely resolution of data quality issues. The ICT Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance will also make recommendations about the methods and ways in which UNSOS creates, obtains and analyses data to improve quality.
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for or in the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the ICT Senior Analyst – Quality Assurance will work under the direct guidance of the Team Leader Data Quality and Innovation cell in the Performance Management Section of the Supply Chain Pillar. The ICT Senior Analyst – Quality Assurance will administratively report to the UNOPS Business Analytics Specialist Lead and will perform the following tasks:
- Support data quality management activities such as;
- Review UNSOS Business intelligence datasets for quality, completion and accuracy
- Monitor and review dashboards to identify and resolve data quality issues in timely and accurate manner
- Review existing internal data collection and monitoring processes and develop process improvements to enhance overall data quality
- Work closely with data creator to correct data quality errors
- Establish and implement standards and strategies for data management, life cycle, and quality.
- Define best practices and standards for the data modeling process
- Identify areas of improvement to achieve better data quality
- Support the establishment and monitoring of Data Governance framework and data quality reporting
- Liaise with internal clients and partners to carry out the data review exercise
- Support developing or revising data review guidelines and training materials
- Support the operationalization of exemption process
- Contribute to the development of machine learning algorithms in automating narrative analysis and issues findings.
- Other tasks and responsibilities relevant to the scope of work as assigned.
Impact of Results
The ICT Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance will support the analytics and data management quality assurance aspects of UNSOS performance management initiatives. The effective and successful achievement of key results by the ICT Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance directly affects the overall efficiency of the office’s provision of services, impacting the quality and accuracy of work completed. Timely and accountable delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in strategic services.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Telecommunication, Data Science, Business Administration, Public Administration or in a field related to the post description.
- A first level university degree combined with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
b. Work Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in IT systems, data analytics and/or in related field,
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in handling large datasets and quality assurance
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with data visualization tools (for example, Microsoft Power BI or Tableau)
- Experience building data analyses and visualizations in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience is supply chain or related areas
c. Language requirements
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the position advertised, fluency in English is required.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) Contract level: International Individual Contractor Agreement ( I-ICA 1)
Contract duration: Open-ended (renewable subject to funds availability and satisfactory performance)
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information: Sustainable Development Cluster(SDC)
Based in New York, the Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations.
The SDC’s services include grants management, development and special initiatives support, and technology support to the UN and UN agencies.
The SDC is part of the New York Service Cluster that supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners in the delivery of UNOPS mandate in project management, infrastructure management, and procurement management.