Partnerships Manager (Philanthropy), (P-4), Beijing, China #108837
We are looking for seasoned expertise to be responsible for leading and retaining existing partnerships and proactively establishing new high-impact partnerships with private sector philanthropists, foundations and high net-worth individuals in China, to mobilize resources to realize UNICEF’s strategic goals.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
How can you make a difference?
We are now looking for seasoned expertise to be responsible for leading and retaining existing partnerships and proactively establishing new high-impact partnerships with private sector philanthropists, foundations and high net-worth individuals in China, to mobilize resources to realize UNICEF’s strategic goals. In particular, you will:
- Provide strategic leadership to obtaining resources for UNICEF China. Propose frameworks of engagement with philanthropists and in the foundations space in line with global best practices
- Ensure annual private sector fundraising targets are reached
- Proactively lead the development of new philanthropy partnerships in line with UNICEF’s objectives
- Lead the team to identify, assess and negotiate with foundations and high net worth individuals based on quality research
- Provide outstanding stewardship of donors
- Provide coaching and management to team members. Develop work plans and ensure objectives and targets are achieved
- Ensure that all partnerships are aligned with UNICEF’s due diligence standards, and adequately manage risk
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Master’s level university degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or related field. [NB: A first level university degree in combination with additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree]
- Minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience particularly in a business-to-business / philanthropy / wealth management role in a major (ideally global) organization and/or an international partnerships role in a major charity, NGO or INGO
- Experience at strategic management level and of team leadership
- Outstanding networking and relationship management skills, especially with senior/influential clients and stakeholders
- Experience in sales and of developing partnerships with the corporate sector
- Experience of working with high net-worth individuals is desirable
- Strong management and coordination skills in a complex multi-organizational setting
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Mandarin would be valuable but is not essential
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.