IT Operations Assistant G5
IT Operations Assistant
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
GS 5 Fixed Term
|DUTY STATION (CITY, COUNTRY):||Gurugram, Haryana, India|
ANNUAL NET SALARY:
Starting at INR 784918(subject to medical and pension deduction)
|MEDICAL PLAN:||Medical plan (Cap of USD 60000 per annum) for staff, spouse and dependents children under 18 years|
|OTHER BENEFITS:||Dependent and Language allowances as per WFP rules and regulations|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger as part of the Sustainable Development Goals. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters.
We are seeking to fill IT Operations Assistants, based at the offshore office of Headquarters Global IT Service Desk in Gurugram, Haryana, India. Under the general supervision of the HQ Technology Division and overall supervision of the IT Operations Manager and the direct supervision of the Team leaders. The IT Operations Assistants works in a team and are expected to produce organized and accurate technical work. The incumbent will assist the team with day-to-day Global ITSD Network operations and monitoring. He/she should be able to design an enterprise level Voice and Security Operations, defects vulnerability assessment, review and evaluate remediation plans and Documentation of procedures, create network implementation plans and network diagrams.The interested candidate must be willing to work in shifts as per the roster (The service operates on a 24/7/365 basis. Shift duty is mandatory including nights and weekend shifts).
•Monitor, HQ and field offices support tickets using our internal ticket tracking system.
•Escalates and coordinates with L3 and vendor support team whenever required.
•Ensures in-scope infrastructure components are checked regularly, updated, and secured
•Willing to work shifts, after-hours and weekends as needed; occasionally on short notice due to emergencies (i.e., Deploy a security patch on a firewall to mitigate a vulnerability risk)
•Create reports as needed including Capacity & Performance, Availability, SLA, Volumetric and others.
•Keep informed of emerging and developing technologies in Information Technology, with a focus on Network security strategies.
•Interface with various stakeholders (i.e., Project Managers, Client Delivery Managers, Network Designers & Architects, etc...) regarding projects, implementation and operational issues.
•Adhere to Incident management and change management procedures.
•Manage and report time accurately as per assignments.
•Provides consistent quality customer service to both internal and external customers that meet or exceeds the organisation standards.
•Design and implement and maintain data link redundancies for WFP WAN infrastructure.
•Fine tune the current infrastructure to optimise network performance over the WAN/LAN.
•Work closely with IT security teams to provide high level network guidance and support for prevention and mitigation of threats and abuses on the core network.
•Sustain corporate guidance, SOPS, standards, and roadmaps on LAN, WAN, satellite and wireless technologies, SD-WAN and WAN optimizations.
•Provide high level expertise on routing, VPN, QoS, integration of WFP WAN with external providers and other network-related policies;
•Periodical QoS review, design and implementation to prioritize and improve the performance of WFP critical business applications
•Consolidation, fine-tuning and integration of Netflow traffic statistics into the WFP Corporate Network monitoring system to better assess field capacity requirements.
•Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of Secondary School Education.
- An Undergraduate University Degree/ in Computer Science with “Active and Valid Cisco Certifications” is preferable.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in similar working environment.
·Experience in network operations, implementation, and a good understanding of LAN/WAN and firewall management methodologies.
·Solid understanding of switching / Routing/CISCO ISE/CUCM and enterprise contact centre/VPN Concentrator/ IDS/IPS / Firepower products range/ Software Defined WAN- SDWAN technologies.
·Sound knowledge of VPN protocols (IPSEC, DMVPN, SSL), SDWAN-Fortinet and Network IP Monitoring tools (Netflow, OpenNMS, OpManager, Orion Solarwinds, IP Monitor, Fluke VPM, Ntop).
· Strong knowledge of ITIL would be an asset
·Candidates having working experience in from Large ITES/BPO organisations will be an added advantage.
·Excellent communication skills are required. Must be courteous, punctual, conscientious, patient, dependable, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
·Ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
·Demonstrate confidence and cognitive capacity to assimilate different perspectives and formulate solid recommendations.
·Ethics & Values, Team Work, Client Orientation, Cognitive Capacity, Stress Resistance, Behavioural Flexibility.
·Ability to provide the first level of support to users requesting help with software, hardware, telephones, printers.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Communication||Effective articulation in written/spoken interaction with client(s).|
WFP offers a competitive compensation package, which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications. Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview process.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application not later 15 November 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.