Background Information - Job-specific
In response to the request of the Government of Ukraine, UNOPS opened an office in Ukraine in 2017, which provides a broad spectrum of services to the Government and the people of Ukraine. Currently, the office is classified as an Operations Centre (UAOC), with a portfolio of projects exceeding USD 100 million, in the areas of rule of law, environment, energy efficiency, crisis recovery, good governance, human resources management, procurement, and logistics
Under the direct supervision of Administrative Officer, the Senior Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the project and office personnel, ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Senior Driver has a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- driving office vehicles for the transport of the project and office personnel, other high-ranking officials and visitors;
- collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items;
- meeting official personnel at the airport and facilitating immigration and customs formalities as required.
2. Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Ensures the day-to-day and regular maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, filters, etc.; ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean, performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs and scheduled servicing.
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
5. Ensures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.6. Provides administrative, logistical and procurement support:
- Timely processing of incoming and outgoing mail and documentation; maintenance of the corresponding register and distribution as appropriate;
- Support to organization of and logistical preparation for field trips, visiting missions, meetings, conferences, workshops, retreats; preparation of logistics arrangements, including circulation of the documentation to be reviewed;
- Receipt of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for shipments (received/sent), arrangements for shipments. Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions, drafting correspondence related to shipments/customs clearance;
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations;
- Procurement of office and vehicles’ supplies and equipment through quotations.
- Secondary school diploma (high school) or equivalent is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- Driver training would be an asset.
- Three (3) years of experience as a driver with safe driving record is required.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Two (2) years safe driving record;
- Two (2) years clerical experience.
- Basic English is required.
- Fluency in Ukrainian or/and Russian is required.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local ICA Support (LICA) Contract level: LICA 3
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION FOR WHICH ONLY APPLICANTS WITH UKRAINIAN NATIONALITY OR WITH THE RESIDENCY/WORK PERMIT IN UKRAINE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.