Sourcing Strategists and Talent Acquisition Consultants
We are seeking to fill positions for both Sourcing Strategists and Talent Acquisition Consultants, based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. These individuals will develop, gain support for, and implement the strategies needed to identify, attract, and acquire the best talent to meet WFP’s business needs. The ideal candidate has a deep passion for workforce diversity; constantly thinks about how to introduce new methods and ideas for identifying and engaging top talent; and successfully enlists support from the business for talent attraction, networking and workforce diversity engagement initiatives.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters.
After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 75 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
- Develop talent acquisition sourcing strategies by using new technologies, social media, software, and networks, to meet global objectives and support WFP strategic goals.
- Partner with functional managers to understand their specific functional needs and plan/implement solutions to meet these staffing needs.
- Articulate our employee value proposition, while enhancing visibility and reputation in key recruiting channels.
- Contribute to the construction of talent pools for future positions across WFP, focusing on passive candidates.
- Uphold a focus on candidate experience to keep WFP's talent pipeline engaged.
- Track, manage and report actively on talent flow through the Applicant Tracking System.
- Handle full-cycle recruitment for some positions in the organization, particularly those that have challenges with diverse talent pools.
- Stay up-to-date on new media tools, best practices, and how the talent acquisition team can best leverage these recruiting/networking tools.
- Gain a deep understanding of WFP’s programs and operations, in order to provide first-rate talent acquisition service.
- Participate and support in other Talent Acquisition initiatives and ad hoc projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese desired
- Minimum of three years of postgraduate professional experience in the field of Talent Acquisition. Experience working in an international environment, as part of a multicultural and diverse team highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success developing and deploying creative, effective candidate pipeline development methodologies and effective outreach strategies.
- Structured and lead multiple talent projects simultaneously to successful completion.
- Experience in sourcing and recruiting hard-to-find profiles.
- Proven track record of success with a variety of recruiting methods including direct sourcing, social recruiting and traditional methods.
- Sound theoretical understanding of HR concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques, and processes.
- Experience working with technology tools related to an applicant tracking system, candidate database, and reporting. Experience with SAP recruitment platforms is desirable.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and be extremely organized.
- Must have the ability to create and foster organizational change and be a strategic business partner and think globally and objectively.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills, with the aptitude to adapt communication style to the relevant audience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at any time, in a fast-paced environment
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Exceptional time management; proactive with a strong sense of urgency
WFP offers a competitive compensation package that will be determined by the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP. http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
http://www.unstaffmobility.org Learn more about countries where the UN operates.