Organization Development Team Lead (f/m)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for children’s rights. We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Organization Development (OD) aligns the organizational strategy with the mission, vision, values, and the business model of the organization. Furthermore, OD strives to foment a “One Federation” culture to strengthen the delivery of high quality services by increasing the collaboration of People, Processes and Technology.
In this context, we seek to recruit a team lead aspiring to develop OD skills, by actively contributing to drive OD initiatives Federation-wide and support in any organisational development need and structural support. In the context of organizational reform, these initiatives strengthen the harmonization of the Federation’s institutional and operational structures, processes, systems and behaviours.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders from different functions and business units to assess needs, develop recommendations to improve the performance of leaders, teams and Federation structures
- Deliver OD expertise to a variety of projects including strategy development, organization assessment, organization design and change, and culture transformation across a diverse set of complexities
- Leverage project management and leadership skills to facilitate complex work and maintain stakeholder alignment
- Lead and manage others through formal oversight, as well as the ability to influence without authority
- Support overall Federation-wide goals by ensuring an integrated, cross-functional approach when appropriate
- Emphasize simplicity, relevancy, pragmatism and impact in all work
- Create awareness among fellow HROD staff in his/her area of competences
- Master’s degree or equivalent in International Relations, Organizational Development, Institutional Relations, Change Management or equivalent
- Coaching and/or facilitation qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of experience through OD project lead or equivalent experience in:
- Designing, planning and facilitating change management initiatives
- Defining the design and analysis phase of organizational transformation needs
- Sound experience in team development and facilitating workshops
- Previous experience in a complex organizational culture with a variety of different needs and the skills to handle ambiguous situations
- Experience in fomenting a “One Organization” culture
- Profound experience in working with the leadership team and experts
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent command of English
- A valid Austrian working permit or eligibility to work within the EU
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application in English by 24 November 2019 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.