Requisition ID: req6859
Job Title: Mental Health Caseworker_ Samos
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
In response to the influx of refugees in Greece the IRC Protection program aims to ensure that the crisis-affected populations have an improved access to humanitarian services, rights and entitlements and plan to achieve this through culturally sensitive case management, psychosocial support, safe spaces for women and children, protection monitoring and referral.
Under the guidance and direct supervision from the Senior psychologist and support by the Senior MHPSS manager, the mental health caseworker supports the MHPSS team in their work with people suffering with mental health concerns currently living in Vathy Reception and Identification Center (RIC) in Samos, who are referred by other actors through the established referral pathway system. She/he will enhance the individual and collective well-being and ensure that vulnerable people, including children and adults are safeguarded from harm.
Reports to: Senior Psychologist and Senior MHPSS Manager
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of individuals and families, develop action/therapeutic plans, deliver direct service provision, referrals and follow ups for an assigned case load;
- Offering information, support and advocacy to individuals and families, including escorting them if necessary to relevant services;
- Recommending the best course of action for a particular person or family based on their needs;
- Liaising with, and making referrals to, other agencies and conduct follow ups to assess progress;
- Updating mapping of services regularly;
- Ensuring effective working relations with the Public Services and other actors related to the interventions;
- Working in close collaboration with MHPSS and other IRC colleagues;
- Participating in multidisciplinary teams, case conferences, working groups, ad hoc workshops and thematic trainings when required;
- Maintaining accurate and secured records and update them in a timely manner;
- Communicating regularly with the MHPSS team and if relevant, with other protection staff, for updates on achievements and challenges;
- Participating in MHPSS trainings, supervision and team meetings;
- Contributing to the development of and facilitation of proposed activities in relation to psycho-social support and increased well-being of the target population; such activities may include groups of psycho-social support and/or psychoeducation sessions;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Technical diploma or degree in social work, psychology or a related mental health field;
- Minimum of 2 year experience in social work or case management in Greece, preferably with mental health patients and institutions;
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of working with a refugee or migrant population;
- Understanding of mental health and psycho-social issues;
- Knowledge of standard legal procedures;
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, well organized, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Fluency in English and Greek;
- Experience working at international development programs highly desirable.
- Valid driving license and experience in driving.
TRAVEL:Travel will be expected to/from sites of program implementation, and the office, as needed.