Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) | New York City | Bonn
International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) Internship Programme
The IRENA Internship Programme offers graduate and university students from diverse academic backgrounds an opportunity to acquire direct exposure to IRENA operations and to enhance their educational experience through practical work assignments. It allows selected candidates to gain insight into the work of the Agency and provides a learning opportunity in various professional fields.
Applicants should have an interest in IRENAâs work, ability to adapt to new environments and work in a team with people from different cultural backgrounds. Interns work under the supervision of an IRENA staff member.
Qualifying for an Internship
Interns are selected on a competitive basis, based on the needs of the Agency.
- Candidates should be enrolled in a post-graduate programme or in their final year of undergraduate studies, in fields related to the work of the Agency (including economics, environmental sciences, law, international relations, natural sciences, engineering, political science, human resources, public administration, business administration, IT/computer sciences, communications, etc.) at the time of application and during the entire period of internship.
- Recent graduates can also be included in the internship programme provided the start date of the internship is less than one year from completion of studies.
- Applicants must be able to work in English. Another language would be an asset.
- Interns are paid a monthly stipend to assist them to cover living and accommodation expenses. A round-trip air or rail ticket will be provided to interns who reside beyond commuting distance from the duty station where the internship is to take place.
- All other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern or by his or her sponsoring government or academic institution. When the intern is sponsored by his or her government or academic institution, stipend and travel are not covered by the Agency.
- Applicants must ensure that they have medical insurance for the duration of the internship and that they obtain any immunizations required in the country where the internship is to take place.
Applicants should apply on-line at least three months before the intended start of the Internship Programme, including a letter of interest indicating the date of availability.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further arrangements.
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (e.g. application, interview meeting, evaluation process, or any other stage). In the event that you have any reason to suspect that any activity purporting to be made on behalf of IRENA may be fraudulent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.