Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
This position is located in the Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the FAO UTF Technical Cooperation Programme in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Driver is responsible for driving the Country Office Staff of Programme Management Unit (PMU), He / she ensures the safety, technical soundness and comfort of the vehicles(s) assigned.
The incumbent works under the general supervision of the FAO Programme Director and the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer.
In his/her function as Driver/ Messenger for Programme Management Unit (PMU), the incumbent is in regular contact with staff from all levels of the country office, with national and international visitors, with (high ranking) officials from the Government and other (UN) Agencies, with project managers, consultants and other personnel from within and outside the Organization. He/she is often the first point of contact for people from outside the country office. He/she interacts on a day-to-day basis with personnel and officials from local offices and service providers.
• Drive the country office staff and their official visitors on official trips, and drive for the FAO Programme Director and his/her visitors on occasions as necessary;
• Meet staff and official visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities.
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
• Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, battery, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; wash and maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions.
• Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local / country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
• Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications / items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
• When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent's work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of the immediate work PMU's programme.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education\: Secondary school education. Possession of valid Saudi’s driving license.
Experience\: Two years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record.
Languages\: Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of Arabic.
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency