Program Coordinator - Commercial and Economic Law (Internationally recruited)
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
Under the direct supervision of the Commercial and Economic Law Advisor, the Program Coordinator will support implementation of programs, with primary responsibility for the Investment Support Programme for Least Developed Countries. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for overall program cycle support including, formulation, implementation, financial and quality compliance. The Program Coordinator interacts with internal as well as external functions.
Support day to day program implementation, including: work planning, budget management, monitoring, and reporting, and ensure that all project phases are consistent with the project design and delivery schedule and in accordance with IDLO processes and procedures.
- Manage the coordination of work and information between IDLO Offices.
- Support development of implementation plans by means of standardized program cycle management tools, logic models and frameworks, work plans, and others;
- Monitor daily program implementation issues, including revisions to project design and work plans; make recommendations for timely and optimal course corrections;
- Draft, collate and provide input for the finalization of internal and external reports; coordinate the approval and submission program reports; ensuring these highlight the value and impact the program/activity brings and are responsive to donor requirements;
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with the Finance Unit to build accurate financial forecasts, including reviewing financial reports and identifying in advance areas of over- or under-spending, and flagging any urgent budgetary issues to the supervisor/budget holder;
- In conjunction with HR, support in the timely identification and screening of program consultants/contractors and processing of contracts.
- Ensure internal procedures and guidelines are observed, recommending corrective action and consulting to the appropriate department any potential compliance issues Monitor compliance with program contracts and subcontracts;
- Under the leadership of the Evaluation Unit, support the evaluation of programs;
- Ensure program deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant substantive internal experts;
- Conduct research on legal, political, social, and economic events, trends, and/or developments relating to the program; respond to internal and external requests for such research.
- Generate ideas and develop concept notes/proposals for projects and program activities that are aligned to Regional/Country program priorities;
- In coordination with the Program Development Unit and the Supervisor, develop proposals or concept notes, aimed at innovatively expanding IDLO’s program portfolio;
- Collaborate with country program staff and local partners ensuring that perspectives and expectations are shared in the design of the project and to gather support in its implementation;
- Other tasks as directed periodically by the supervisor.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Education and Work experience
- University degree in international development, law, public administration, business administration, public policy or other relevant social sciences. 3-5 years of relevant professional experience ideally within an international organization is required. Professional experience in budget and finance, pro bono program management and legal agreement drafting would be an asset.
- Fluent oral and writing skills in English and French is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Familiarity with standard program and data management methodologies, tools, and processes as well as results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software;
- Works well with others and actively participate, works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Terms and Conditions
The contract duration will be for 12 (twelve) months with the possibility of extension, subject to performances and funding.
The annual salary for this affiliate internationally recruited position is Euro €36,000. IDLO benefit package includes: Provident Fund and subsidized health insurance coverage including life insurance, medical and dental through CIGNA International to the employee and eligible dependents.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.