Software Innovation & Integration Specialist
Korea (Korea (Republic of))
Software Innovation & Integration Specialist
Date: Nov 1, 2019
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Grade: IS - 4
Deadline: 12 December 2019 (11:59 PM KST)
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 111 projects in 99 countries and has committed USD 5.0 billion in climate finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Software Innovation & Integration Specialist, reporting to Head of ICT, is responsible for the entirety of the Fund’s translation of business demands and opportunities into an innovative portfolio of custom made, deeply integrated, IT-facilitated information handling and mining solutions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Strategize, define, develop and lead software application solutions development and delivery for the entirety of organisation, and identify and prioritize key IT-enabled GCF capabilities that benefit from differentiation through custom-made automation
- Develop and disseminate knowledge products to inform and improve the operational workflow on ICT systems
- Articulate, present and explain the value and the vision of proposed technology innovations and solutions for addressing business needs to a wide range of audiences, including external engagements during conferences and meetings, with an in-depth understanding of GCF’s business processes and practises, industry’s technical directions, and emerging technology trends
- Bridge the gap between ICT colleagues and business users by coordinating on-the-job trainings, systems and solution introduction sessions and ICT consultation sessions to grow and nurture organizationally ‘integrated’ understandings on Information and Communication Technologies
- Identify and specify needs and opportunities of business automation to deliver efficiency/cost containment, effectiveness, quality enhancements, reliability, security, agility, decision support or transparency/accountability improvements for the wide audience of internal and external stakeholders
- Define the technical specifications, create solution approaches and build technical roadmaps in achieving the solutions goals, and devise sourcing strategies; planning for, acquiring and organising a wide range of onsite, offsite, turnkey and times & means nature engagements with parties across several continents, with one key focal area of all work relating to the overarching objective of GCF and partners reaching excellence as learning organisations
Required experience and qualifications*
- Advanced degree, ideally in advanced application of ICT;
- At least 10 years of experience in project management and/or integration management in ICT fields, with exposed responsibilities in the following areas, preferably in a corporate or international organization environment;
- Working experience and knowledge on Microsoft Azure cloud and software stack (Active Directory, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and other Office365 products) with exposed responsibilities of integrating them to 3rd party SaaS solutions;
- Experience and working knowledge on administration and migration of SharePoint Online site collections and file repositories;
- Experience with database management (Microsoft Azure SQL & MySQL) and ETL tools;
- General understandings and experience on the architecture of modern web-based solutions, including cloud-native backend database configuration, along with a good command of tools associated with development, maintenance and administration of such systems;
- Experience with integration and administration of mainstream SaaS solutions for business automation;
- Experience and working knowledge of planning, designing, configuring and administrating enterprise Single-Sign-On integration, utilizing Microsoft Active Directory and other third-party integrated authentication solutions (Okta);
- Knowledge of formal project management methodologies: Project Management Institute PMBOK or PRINCE2 related certification is preferred;
- Knowledge of information security and/or information systems audit: ISACA CISA or (ISC)2 CISSP certification is preferred;
- Knowledge of IT service management framework and best practices: an ITIL certification is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and coping with parallel initiatives in different phases, typically under pressure with firmly committed to timelines for internal and external customer audiences and partners;
- Excellent communication attitude and skillset to work at the same time with business audiences as well as technical experts; proactively bridging potential communication gaps when required;
- Familiarity with formalized procurement processes and their principles;
- Work experience with international organizations as staff, consultant or contractor is a distinct advantage; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references. Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.