Driver/Administrative Clerk (Open to Malaysian Nationals only)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reliable and safe driving services
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of UNDP GSSC, other high-ranking officials and visitors
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required
- Organisation and coordination of shipment and customs clearance
- Support protocol liaison with Country Office, Ministries and Embassies
- Maintenance of files in Administrative Unit
- Timely minor repairs and arrangements for major repairs
- Timely changes of oil check of tires, brakes, car washing etc
- Checking vehicle logs and preparation of the draft vehicle history reports and maintenance plans while ensuring cost-savings through proper us of the vehicle
- Availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
- Participation in the training for the operations staff on administration
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. Valid driver's license
- 3 years of relevant work experience as a driver
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and administrative tasks
- Safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia
Important applicant information
Internal mobility at GSSU is strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to reassign the newly appointed staff members with similar skillset and educational qualifications for similar functions and job categories at the same level in GSSU. The internal lateral movements will be determined based on the needs of the organization while allowing the newly recruits to broaden their skills, build networks and gain fresh experience and to better align their profiles with the jobs.
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.