Community Field Coordinator
USAID Takamol has been dedicated to gender equality and women’s empowerment at policy, national, and community levels in Jordan since 2014. USAID Takamol partners with the Government of Jordan (GOJ) and civil society to support national efforts to incorporate gender considerations into policymaking in order to achieve equal rights and opportunities for men and women. With expertise and outreach from civil society partners, Takamol supports the GoJ to address gender priorities related to access to justice, political participation, inclusive education, and economic empowerment. Takamol empowers Gender Focal Points, strengthens gender-mainstreaming within institutions, provides grants for civil society advocacy, and convenes a Community of Practice with the objective of enhancing gender equity. The program is funded by USAID and implemented by IREX, an international nonprofit organization that builds a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world.
Summary of Position:
The Community Field Coordinator will serve as USAID Takamol’s primary liaison with grassroots community organizations across Jordan, especially related to activities supporting women’s political empowerment. The Coordinator will work in close coordination with the Senior Specialist on the political sector to implement a “Souk Takamol” round of small grants expected to coincide with the 2020 Parliamentary Elections.
Description of Responsibilities
- Coordinate the pre-award grant process: Assist in promoting the Request for Applications, including by organizing orientation sessions for interested grantees. Coordinate the review, selection, and pre-award processes and maintain clear documentation that follow’s IREX’s subawarding policy and procedures.
- Monitor and mentor grantees: Maintain close contact with grantees to support them in meeting grant deliverables and overcoming challenges. Support grantees in completing grant milestone documentation and M&E reporting. Conduct regular field visits.
- Coordinate technical assistance and facilitate networking: Identify technical assistance needs of grantees and organize training sessions, mentorship, and workshops as appropriate. Encourage connections between grantees and other local stakeholders, NGOs, and/or projects. Share relevant resources and tools with grantees.
- Souk Takamol Reporting and Communications. Draft content for the Souk Takamol Facebook page, including updates from activities and grantees. Identify and draft success stories. Communicate and capture progress, challenges, and lesson learned. Document and draft technical reports and briefs on grants activities. Support grantees in raising the profile of their activities.
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in a relative discipline.
- At least two years of field experience in Jordan on related issues such as community empowerment, mobilization, gender issues, and/or political participation strongly preferred.
- USAID experience or similar international development experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Arabic is required and a good command in English is preferred.
- Strong writing skills for drafting reports.
- Excellent communication skill and knowledge of Jordan’s social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to travel to different locations and governorates in Jordan.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, take initiative, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to legally work in Jordan.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply using the following link: