Youth Project Associate (SC-SB3)
The objective of this assignment is to support the design and the implementation of the Youth programmes and initiatives at the country level, and to provide support to the implementation of the regional Youth leadership programme. The Project Associate will work under the direct supervision and guidance of the UNDP Democratic Governance Programme Analyst.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Head of programme and the direct supervision of the Democratic Governance Programme Analyst, the Project Associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Supports the design and implementation of new initiatives in support of youth inclusion;
- Conducts research and collects relevant data on youth trends, data and challenges;
- Supports the Youth Leadership Programme, where relevant and/or youth programming by following up on implementation, coordinating with partners and UNDP Country Offices, accessing regional networks, creating linkages and providing technical support;
- Contributes to strategic planning, developing innovative responses to emerging challenges and opportunities for youth around the SDGs;
- Supports the timely preparation and quality control of all substantive technical reports, briefs and required documents, including progress reports, concept notes, background documents and briefing notes;
- Provides support to the regional youth initiatives to promote youth’s social, political and economic empowerment in the Arab region;
- Facilitates the delivery of youth related activities by monitoring results achieved during implementation. S/he ensures and guides the appropriate application of monitoring, reporting and evaluation systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary;
- Captures stories which reflect on know how (procedures, processes, tactics) and know why (lessons learned, reasons for failures/success);
- Conducts an overview and analysis of the relevant partners, donors and stakeholders to the project, and develops a plan for efficient flow of information between them and the project, and vice versa;
- Develops general tools/guidelines for operative communication measures at regional/national/local levels, for instance press releases, social media, press events, social media and campaigns;
- Helps apply programming principles and tools related to RBM, Environmental sustainability and Gender Mainstreaming to youth initiatives;
Carries out other tasks as assigned by his/her direct supervisor.
- High motivation, excellent interpersonal skills with good team work spirit;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proficiency in Arabic, French and English is a must;
- Good computer skills in Arabic, French and English;
- Strong writing skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context and adapt to a changing work environment;
- Ability to be systematic, organized as well as flexible and adaptive; and
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to screening and collecting project documentation, project data entering, preparation of project revisions, filing, and reporting.
Required Skills and Experience
Master degree in sociology, development studies, human sciences, political or social science, labor law or another related field.
At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
Written and oral French and Arabic, and English communication skills.
Advanced computer skills, including word processing (Word), spreadsheet (Excel) and data management programmes, and ability to quickly learn new applications.
Advanced skills of Using NTIC and social media networks
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Female apllicants are highly encouraged