Country Director Philippines
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
The Operations Department’s mandate is giving a fast and of quality response to the most vulnerable populations, in an independent and relevant way. In addition, it has the task of influencing the most profound causes and related vulnerability politics through analysis and mobilization of public opinion, donors and social and political actors. The department leads the response to new challenges to the fight against hunger by adapting our response (strategic focuses, emergency response, management etc.) to new contexts and enhancing synergies with other departments, other HQs and complementary actors.
The Country Director (CD) is the maximum responsible of Action Against Hunger (AAH) in the mission. In coordination with the desk officer, he/she will ensure the correct management of resources in order to achieve the strategic objectives. He/she will ensure the following of the regional and national strategy, maintaining quality and relevance of the carried out actions, always under the organization’s mandate.
The CD, through his/her leadership, will motivate the team, anticipating and managing possible conflicts. He/She will encourage innovative focus and will supervise the coordination team. Likewise, he/she will be defining the training strategy and professional development of his/her team, above all off the national one.
The CD is responsible for the security of his/her team, he/she will promote, encourage and supervise the implementation of the charter of principles of Action against Hunger, as well as of its ethics code and anti-fraud politics.
He/She will represent Action against Hunger before donors, authorities, international organizations, other NGOs, private sector and whichever institution of interest.
The CD is in charge of ensuring the financial viability of the mission in coordination with HQ and of ensuring an efficient management of available resources of the Mission. He/She will direct the implementation of the fundraising strategy of public and private funds, designed in coordination with HQ. Likewise, he/she will be responsible of promoting technical innovative focus and fostering best practices and their replicability.
The CD is responsible of achieving the annual objectives of the mission.
Key activities in your role will include
Objetive 1: Mission strategy definition and follow up
Objetive 2: Emergency Response
Objetive 3: Security Management
Objetive 4: Fundraising
Objective 5: Advocacy & External Relations
Objective 6: Administration and Logistics:
Objective 7: Team Coordination
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Knowledge of International Cooperation/Development
- Knowledge of key donors of the sector.
- Strong networking and representational skills
- Emergency Response coordination
- Strategic and operational planning
- Team management and leadership
- Knowledge of AAH technical areas of work (WASH, FSL, Nut, DRR): desirable
- Security management in sensitive contexts
- Minimum 3 years in International NGO management/coordination (Country Director level)
- Experience in the Philippines or with Action Against Hunger (AAH) network
- Experience in identification, negotiation and management of development and emergency response projects.
- Previous experience in AAH is indispensable if the candidate does not have previous experience in the Philippines.
- English – Fluent and Spanish - desirable
- Windows domain (especially: Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Mobility (national/ international)
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: Indefinite (minimum compromise of 2 years)
- Base: Manila
- Compensation packaged: from 36.456,00 € to 44.706,00 €gross/year divided in 12 payments and based on experience y context. This salary includes a base salary + context plus + living expenses and per Diem (*)
- Possibility of Family Status
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
(*) in local currency subject to unexpected changes in currency exchange
Only applications received via our website will be considered: