Performance Monitoring Specialist
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a Performance Monitoring Specialist Consultant for USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. The Nepal MEL Activity assists the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities.
It has three components:
* Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts.
* Design and conduct analyses, surveys, studies, and assessments.
* Support improved knowledge management within the Mission.
The position may convert from consulting to a full-time position depending on performance.
* Oversee all aspects of third-party monitoring activities, such as planning, budgeting, recruitment of consultants, designing and implementing each assigned activity
* Lead/oversee the review of performance management plan (PMP) data, including baseline data collection, analysis of performance indicator data; assess/refine project-level MEL plans; and work to ensure the quality and utility of performance monitoring data.
* Support ongoing updates to the PMP and generate reports and presentations.
* Assist implementing partners to develop effective indicators and targets.
* Conduct data quality assessments (DQAs).
* Design and deliver training in MEL topics for USAID staff.
* Identify and secure appropriate short-term technical assistance
* Ensure gender, disability-inclusive, marginalized populations, and conflict sensitive factors are consistently and systematically tracked and reported in accordance with USAID data reporting requirements.
* Ensure all Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS) for all indicators are complete and robust.
* Manage an internal local team of monitoring specialists, and external short-term consultants.
* Provide relevant technical guidance to project staff and consultants.
* Track, analyze and summarize mission performance monitoring data using graphs, maps, and charts to facilitate mission decision-making.
* At least 10 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation with an emphasis on conducting performance monitoring required.
* At least three years of experience working on performance monitoring for USAID-funded projects preferred.
* Strong understanding of and experience with USAID ADS regulations required.
* A graduate degree (a master’s degree or PhD) in development studies, economics, international relations, statistics, demography, political science or related fields required.
* Demonstrated expertise in indicator development (including context indicators), data collection and analysis including using monitoring data to review and improve project performance, and data quality assessments required.
* Familiarity with publicly available data sources (such as those of multilateral organizations, think tanks, research institutions, etc.) and the indicators they measure.
* Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
* Experience managing other staff or consultants and demonstrated experience building capacity of others in the collection and use of data.
* Experience with management desirable.
* Strong interpersonal and team playing skills.
* Fluency in Nepali.
* Excellent English writing and speaking (S/4 and R/4 levels at least) as well as presentation skills.