SQS Safety & Quality Support
- Function title: SQS Safety & Quality Support
- Reference: NOC-MA-2019-FGIV/155
- Location: Maastricht
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Grades: 13/15
- Generic post: Junior Specialist (FG-IV) (13/15)
- Number of posts: 5
- Duration: 3 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/DIR/SQS - Safety, Quality & Security
- Competition publication date: 06/11/2019
- Competition closing date: 18/12/2019 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, Safety, Quality & Security (SQS) is responsible for managing activities required to develop and maintain the MUAC Integrated Management System including the monitoring of its operation. It ensures compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements.
You will perform the following tasks under the responsibility of your superior:
- develop processes in the area of safety and quality, e.g.:
- DevOps for software development and operations.
- Operational and technical risk assessments (functional hazard assessment, failure mode and effect analysis, human factors assessment,...).
- Compliance management.
- advise management and staff in developing processes;
- promote the use of modern tools for process support across the organisation;
- conduct internal surveys and audits to improve processes;
- develop and deliver internal training;
- interact with external parties (e.g. other ANSPs, supervisory authorities and suppliers);
- In addition, one or more of following tasks:
- guide and execute operational and technical safety assessment activities.
- develop safety cases.
- analyse data in order to improve process performance.
- conduct supplier audits.
- manage compliance ensuring that MUAC fulfils regulatory requirements.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed universities studies of at least 3 years in e.g. engineering, safety management, business process management, or other relevant subject.
- In addition to the above, minimum 1 year of relevant working experience.
- Experience in working according to a management system (safety, quality,...).
- Ability to analyse, define and describe processes.
- Experience in one or more of following areas:
- Software engineering
- Safety assessment
- Data analysis for performance analysis
- Project management processes
- Knowledge of or experience in one of the following would be an advantage:
- Preparing and delivering training
- Conducting audits and surveys
- Git, Polarion, SharePoint
- Drafting skills in English.
- Influencing: tailors style and approach to impact others.
- Customer focus: adapts services to respond to customer needs.
- Quality focus: sets and fosters high quality standards.
- Analytical thinking: applies methodical approach to complex information.
- Decision making: takes decisions based on balanced arguments.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular position, thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year(s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Candidates should go to our Jobs website and read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.