IT Operations Assistant (SCOPE) Jalalabad
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In 2018, WFP Afghanistan provided food assistance to more than 4 million people through a series of programme interventions across the country. Thanks to its newly approved Country Strategic Plan (2018-2022), WFP Afghanistan is well placed to provide comprehensive support to the country in achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 via its six closely interrelated outcomes, which range from emergency response to livelihoods creation, as well as nutrition programmes based on a life-cycle approach, and the strengthening of national food systems. Such national-led framing of all strategic result areas of the CSP will contribute to the country’s long-term transition to development and aspiration for peace. For more information, see wfp.org
As WFP continues to standardize beneficiary information management, food assistance delivery mechanisms and transfer modalities, increased capacity in systems and process implementation is required.
The incumbent will be required to provide Information Technology support services focussed in beneficiary services as per country office business and technical needs.
- Business analysis support function to ensure country office data and information is compatible with accepted SCOPE formats.
- Maintain inventory of material and/or database of information, such as, computer related equipment, communications equipment and training material.
- Configure SCOPE equipment such as, computer hardware, applications, training material, etc and participate in deployment and support.
- Play an active role in beneficiary SCOPE registration and end to end activities such as site preparation, and technical support to SCOPE teams.
- Continued support to country office and partners on beneficiary IT services to support beneficiary information management and food assistance activities.
- Provide first level IT support to SCOPE users and partners.
- Organized, accurate and well documented equipment configuration and support for use of SCOPE in the country office
- Liaise with SCOPE corporate teams for second level (SCOPE ServiceDesk) support, troubleshooting and training on SCOPE/ Cash and Voucher related activities.
- Conduct regular quality checks during registration/End to end SCOPE activities to ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
- Reconcile end of day registration data and activities to ensure that all beneficiaries are registered as planned and uploaded to SCOPE platform.
- Make recommendations for improvement on registration procedures.
- Deliver SCOPE training to the WFP staff and partners.
- To ensure uploaded data reported to SCOPE ServiceDesk and centralize tracking sheet updated.
Education: Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in information Technology and Database or other related studies.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.
Experience: At least four years of progressive IT experience such as WAN/LAN networking, database and operating system, experience in client support and Servicedesk and users support unit.
- Service Management
- Technical Expertise
- Client Management
- Competent user of Microsoft Office package.
- Data entry experience and attention to details.
- Ability to review beneficiary data, identify and adjust discrepancies.
- Ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals.
- Ability to work with vulnerable or marginalized communities.
- Ability to train other staff regarding relevant work responsibilities.
- Proactive attitude towards improving workflows and contributing to an enabling working environment to produce results.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to consult with colleagues at all levels
Position Title: IT Operations Assistant (SCOPE Support)
Number of Openings: 1 Positions
Grade: Service Contract - Level 4 (SC4)
Contract: Service Contract (SC)
Duty Station/travel: Jalalabad Field Office, with travel inside Afghanistan
Salary: Starting at USD 1309.35 net per month
Medical Plan: International valid medical plan valid also for staff, spouse and dependents children under 18 years
Annual leave: 24 day per annum
WFP Work Envirionment
WFP is committed to ensuring that all its workplaces are free from abuse, offensive behaviour, harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. WFP is also committed to promoting a work culture in which every employee understands, and is able to carry out, his/her personal responsibilities for maintaining the dignity of work colleagues. WFP seeks to promote gender equality and the empowerment of women. We believe our mission of fighting global hunger worldwide can only be achieved if women, men, girls and boys are offered equal opportunities in terms of access to resources and services and participation in decision making roles.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Saturday, 23 November 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.