We Effect is looking for an IT Coordinator
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in 25 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa through our regional offices in partnership with local CSO’s, farmer organisations, cooperative federations and other democratic organisations. For more information, see www.weeffect.se.
We Effect is now recruiting an IT Coordinator to be part of the Administrative Department at Head Office. The department includes Finance, HR, secretariat and IT and reports to the Administrative Director. You will be placed in our brand-new office at Östgötagatan 90 in Skanstull.
As IT Coordinator you are the organisation’s focal point in IT and will coordinate all IT related issues. Our IT services are provided by Iver and you will work in close cooperation with them. As IT Coordinator you will be responsible to ensure the Head Office’s functioning IT solutions, but also have a global responsibility where you are in continual contact with Regional and Country Offices. You will be expected to travel to our regions in Latin America, Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe. The position has been refocused and you will be able to participate in the design of it.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate the IT work.
- Develop We Effects’ global IT infrastructure and continue the implementation of We Effect IT long term strategy.
- Responsible for budget and making sure that the IT environment meets the needs of the organisation.
- Follow and keeping abreast with the latest development and future trends within information technology.
- Develop and follow up on IT Systems Management and steering documents.
- Improve our global IT security plan together with our IT service provider.
- Cooperate and coordinate with our IT service provider.
- Responsible for procurement of and contact with suppliers and consultants within IT.
We are looking for an IT Coordinator that have experience from a global organisation and understand the opportunities and challenges it poses. As you are the IT focal point you need to enjoy working independently and decisively, always seeing to the best of the organisation. Many of your co-workers will have different professions and be placed around the world, and therefore you need to have great communication skills and be able to coordinate many processes at the same time. While working independently you also need to understand the need for flexibility and be able to solve problems in a pragmatic way. A great deal of patience and humour will be helpful too.
- Relevant academic degree or equivalent skills obtained in another way.
- A minimum of 5 years of documented experience of similar assignments.
- Experience of working with IT strategies.
- Experience or knowledge of working with IT security.
- Excellent knowledge of ITSM, collaboration tools and Microsoft Cloud solutions.
- Good pedagogical skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Swedish. Knowledge in Spanish will be considered a merit.
Apply by uploading your CV and cover letter to Impactpool no later than December 6, 2019. Your application documents can be in either English or Swedish.
The employment is a permanent position with a six months’ probation period. Start date as soon as possible.
We Effect strive for diversity in the organisation and welcome applicants regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability.
For more information
Ewa Holmstedter, Administrative Director
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpool.