Trainee – English translator/proofreader
- Type of traineeship: Trainee – English translator/proofreader
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: DG/LING - Language Service
- Publication date: 14/11/2019
- Closing date: 12/12/2019
Within the Office of the Director General, the Language Service (DG/LING) provides a range of services such as translation, text improvement and interpretation. It also deals with all kinds of terminological queries.
The trainee will participate in the following tasks:
- Translation of legal, administrative, technical and other texts from various languages (mainly French) into English;
- Proofreading of texts written in English;
In return, we want you to have the best possible first work experience and get you ready to take off in your professional career. We will mentor you and train you so that you can gain new skills and put your knowledge into practice. All your translations will be revised by a member of our English language team, providing you with valuable feedback on your work.
We would like you to stay with us for 6 months, but a possible extension can be considered in order to maximise your learning experience.
We are looking for bright candidates who:
- are English native speakers;
- have a Bachelor’s degree in translation (including French) or in the French language;
- have knowledge of other languages (especially German, Dutch or Spanish) (this would be an asset);
- have knowledge of SDL Trados Workbench (this also would be useful).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.