Coordinator, Multilingual Documentation
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Conference, Council and Protocol Affairs Division (CPA) is responsible for providing liaison between the Organization and its Membership on Governing Body, as well as conference and protocol services. The Meeting Programming and Documentation Service (CPAM) is responsible for meeting scheduling and programming, and for the provision of interpretation, translation terminology and printing services. In particular, it ensures the provision of interpretation for FAO meetings in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish, translation into the languages of the Organization and final typing of translated documents. It is responsible for meetings programming and forecasting, scheduling and monitoring documentation and publications for meetings, and coordinating requests for translation, provision of reference and terminology services, organization of non-FAO meetings and reproduction of documents.
The position is within the context of the documentation management activities of the CPA Division, thus under the supervision of the Chief, CPAM.
The role of the Coordinator is to follow the implementation plan for the open governance initiatives launched by the Conference, Council and Protocol Affairs Division (CPA) in coordination with business stakeholders, including requirements and concrete use, in particular with the Secretariats of the Governing Bodies, the Codex Alimentarius and Legal Office.
Under the supervision of the Chief, CPAM, the incumbent will develop and evaluate the open governance initiative and monitor its effective implementation. In particular, the incumbent will\:
- Develop clear documentation for execution of the agreed open governance initiatives, including project scope, key stakeholders, assumptions, budget, and functional requirements;
- Define workflow solutions for drafting, managing, consolidating and publishing relevant multilingual structured documentation;
- Monitor quality, activity timelines and due dates for deliverables to ensure staff meet requirements and deadlines as well as change management aspects in connection with the introduction of structured documentation technologies;
- Establish project plans, as well as report progress against such plans to the project board;
- Evaluate and analyse issues and good practices in open governance;
- Develop and maintain collaborative links with relevant organizations of the United Nations system (in particular with the Rome-based Agencies), member countries and international organizations involved in the deployment of open governance initiatives;
- Actively participate in the Working Group on Document Standards of the High-Level Committee on Management (HLCM);
- Research, analyse and present information gathered from diverse sources; prepare specialized input and contributions to key stakeholders and senior management aimed at enhancing open governance in the Organization;
- Generate survey initiatives; review, analyse and interpret responses, identify problems/issues and prepare conclusions;
- Coordinate policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies;
- Conduct training workshops and seminars; make presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in Business, Public Administration or related field.
- Five years of relevant experience in multilingual documentation management, including provision of conference services and three years of relevant experience of business analysis preferably for international organizations
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one language amongst French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency