Education Manager - Akkar
Requisition ID: req7233
Job Title: Education Manager - Akkar
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Qobayat, Lebanon
The Education Manager (North Lebanon) will supervise the ongoing implementation of safe and appropriate community-based education activities as part of a broader education strategy.
- Effectively manage the education team in the governorate, including ongoing technical and operational support
- Ensure high quality education programming in the governorate, that is responsive to the needs on the ground and well-coordinated with all education actors
Who this position reports to: Education Coordinator
Staff Supervision & Development
- Directly supervise education staff in North Lebanon.
- Ongoing supervision, leadership, training and technical support and guidance to all program staff.
- Ensure staff adhere to best-practice principles when working with children, youth, and community members.
- Maintain accessible and professional support with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
- Plan/coordinate and oversee staff work plans, work and vacation schedules, and staff training/development activities.
- If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies.
- Mentor and support staff’s professional development and foster a positive team spirit to encourage innovative and quality programming.
Activity Planning & Implementation
- Prepare and maintain/update detailed work plan(s) that support and achieve the overall grant timeline and completion date
- Provide direction and monitor staff in their implementation of the workplan and quality of technical activities, share relevant information and direction to improve quality and achieve timelines
- Approve expenditures to designated level; assist in managing and monitoring monthly expenditures and tracking budgets.
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required.
- Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection as required under the grant and for internal M&E purposes.
- Produce/contribute to internal and donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements.
- Ensure that the program is implemented according to schedule and budget and that project objectives are met.
- Ensure that the project undertakes continuous monitoring and evaluation so that activities are appropriate and based on a clear understanding of the problems, causes, contributing factors, and issues specific to out-of-school or at-risk children and youth.
- Support the collection, analysis and dissemination of project data and information for problem analysis, planning and evaluation with all stakeholders.
Coordination & Representation
- Work closely and coordinate with logistics and finance to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures; including active participation in internal meetings.
- Work closely with other IRC programming sectors to ensure information sharing about geographic targets, cases to be referred or supported by other sectors, and holistic integrated support to communities.
- Undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with national NGOs, international organizations, donors and government at the governorate level.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including community leaders and other implementing partners at the governorate level.
- Assist in the collection of data, assessments and proposal development for the sector.
- Collaborate closely with Partner staff in the field supporting technically when needed
- Participate in the different processes of the partnership management such as but not limited to the due-diligence process, review of work plans, partnerships meetings as well as review and reflection visits
- Work closely with the coordinator and the partnerships unit to identify potential partners.
- Co-lead the review of the performance of the partner, of the IRC, and of the partnership, including successes, challenges and lessons learned
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management andliaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
While working on an IRC project, you are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the country employment policies.
- Bachelor of Education, social sciences, international development or related field.
- Clear understanding of education in emergencies, including barriers that children face in accessing their right to education.
- 3-5 years professional experience in teaching or school administration, providing teacher professional development/training, psychosocial support activities, curriculum development, community mobilization for education.
- Previous experience leading teams in education programming.
- Experience facilitating trainings and workshops on education topics.
- Familiar with humanitarian contexts and issues.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods of community development and mobilization.
- Comfortable attending and facilitating meetings and representing education issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Fluency in English and Arabic strongly preferred and/or French.
- NGO experience preferred.
Travel and other requirements: The position will be based in North Lebanon, with some travel required between the governorates and the main IRC office in Beirut.
WOMEN OF ALL BACKGROUNDS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY