IT Solutions Associate SC6 (Data & Assurance Analyst)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) works in more than 80 countries around the world. In 2018, WFP assisted approximately 780,000 people in Iraq, focusing on saving lives and protecting livelihoods, supporting the Government of Iraq's social safety nets towards Zero Hunger. The situation of internally displaced people (IDPs) and refugees remains precarious following the return process that began in 2018. Through emergency assistance to IDPs and refugees, and recovery and reconstruction activities for returnees, WFP is helping the Iraqi Government reduce vulnerability and build people’s resilience and food security. For more information, see wfp.org/countries/iraq
The IT Solutions Associate will report the IT Business Transformation Officer (Data & Assurance Analyst).
The incumbent will be responsible for transforming, validating or modelling data from different sources including SCOPE, Complaints & Feedback Mechanism (CFM) database, the Triangulation Database, COMET, WINGS etc with the purpose of understanding or drawing conclusions from the data in order to drive management and operational decision-making i.e. the job entails turning data into information, information into insight and insight into decisions.
The incumbent will apply their knowledge and skills to ensure that staff recognize and use data as a critical enabler of effective delivery of assistance and that the different business units actively contribute to emergence and institutionalization of a serious culture of data analysis and use in the field.
- Gather, understand and document detailed data interaction, analysis and reporting requirements using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Work with business functions to prioritize information needs.
- Mine and analyze large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management and business units using easy to understand reporting tools.
- Set up and maintain automated data processes.
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases
- Implement effective processes, procedures and tools to support data validation and cleansing.
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations and encourage their use in assistance delivery operations.
- Strengthen beneficiary and transfer data management by ensuring compliance with corporate data standards.
- Monitor and audit data quality.
- Conduct analysis of the end-to-end assistance delivery chain to provide assurance to management and relevant business units that beneficiaries are unique and present, the right people are enrolled in interventions, payment instruments are given and remain with the right people, the right payment instructions are sent to financial service providers and are acted upon, beneficiary voices are heard, and second level reviews of business processes and outputs are done.
- Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools.
- Train staff in basic data analysis and analytics and be the data use culture change management champion for the country office.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project Management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Requirement Definition & Management||Asks meaningful and appropriate questions to understand and translate business requirements into desired technical functionality.|
|System Design||Able to analyze broad product/service functionality to coordinate design of new technology or assist in technology integration/enhancements.|
|Solution Development||Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents programs from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools.|
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary qualification at certificate, diploma or degree level in mathemetics, statistics, computer science, information management, finance or economics is desirable.
Language: Proficiency in English and Arabic, proficiency in Kurdish is an advantage.
- Proven five or more years of progressively responsible data analyst or business analyst work experience in an engaging and dynamic workplace environment.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Practical experience with software and tools including: scripting language (Matlab, Python), Querying Language (SQL, Hive, Pig), Spreadsheet (Excel) and Statistical Language (SAS, R, SPSS).
- Experience with data visualization, discovery and mapping tools such Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, ArcGIS etc.
- Awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support processes and assist in design of interaction between systems.
- Demonstrate continuous updates of knowledge about new technologies and product modifications.
- Understanding of data collection planning process including appreciation of human factors of data collection.
- Ability to tell a story with the data to help others better understand it and its importance i.e. be able to make data meaningful to other people by turning numbers into meaningful patterns that others can use.
- Ability to look at different data sets and identify trends and what triggers those trends so that WFP can either replicate those results in the future or avoid them depending on the given pattern.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, coordinate workloads, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be creative yet analytical with a logical mind and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative.
5 DECEMBER 2019