Capacity Development Intern
IDLO internship programs are designed to provide a mutually beneficial relationship between IDLO and university students, young graduates, post-graduate students, or persons similarly situated (collectively referred to as Interns). IDLO offers interns an exceptional learning experience in an international organization and increases their awareness and knowledge of legal issues in the development arena. Internships also benefit IDLO by allowing participants to contribute their skills and competencies to the realization of IDLO’s strategic goals and mission. Interns are fully involved in the work program of the Unit or Department that has selected them to carry out assignments relevant to their studies and experiences under the supervision of IDLO staff.
For internships at IDLO, HQ, IDLO provides full-time interns with a monthly stipend of €600. Internships are offered for 3 months and are renewable up to a maximum of 6 months. Full-time placements (5 days a week) are strongly preferred. Applicants available for less than 3 days a week will not be considered. For more information about IDLO’s Internship Program visit link
IDLO seeks an intern for an interesting opportunity to support the work of the Capacity Development (CD) Unit. The CD Unit is placed within the Programs Department, with the overall objective to improve capacity development approaches in programming by:
- Supporting the design and implementation of capacity development activities within IDLO’s programs and projects;
- Assisting program managers set priorities and objectives for capacity development interventions from the outset of a program or project;
- Developing tools and guidelines for the implementation of capacity development activities.
Under the supervision of the CD Manager, the incumbent will be assigned, but not necessarily limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in researching background materials for CD Unit initiatives;
- Support the development, formatting and review of CD materials;
- Support the drafting of CD Unit reports;
- Assist in the organization of CD initiatives and events, including providing administrative and logistical support;
- Assist updating CD Unit databases;
- Other similar duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Education and Work experience
- Have completed or be enrolled in a post-graduate (required) course of study at a university or equivalent higher education institution in a field relevant to IDLO’s work (law, sociology, political sciences);
- Work experience in NGOs sector or international development is beneficial but not necessary.
- Fluent oral and professional writing skills in English is essential;
- A good command of oral and written French and/or Spanish would be an asset.
- Effective research skills;
- Sound capacity of analysis and synthesis;
- Practical experience with clear, concise writing;
- Strong ability to draft and revise documents and handle business correspondence;
- Solid organizational skills;
- Advanced computer skills, and in particular excellent ability to use Microsoft Office package.
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work constructively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to respond timely to queries and provide feedback;
- Ability to work proactively and independently and doing so in a well-organized manner and exercising sound judgment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the intern assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Please kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.