Benefits and HR Administration Team Leader
Benefits and HR Administration Team Leader
Switzerland Global Support Office
Lead the Benefits and HR Administration of Medair’s staff. The Team Leader has a heart for people with the skill to organise, and to liaise with management and insurance companies. The Team Leader plays a key role as liaison between insurance companies and supporting management and staff in medical emergencies.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people. The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared of through a “people to people” model.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
February 2020. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
HR Administration Management
- Supervise the accurate and time-sensitive Crisis Management employee record, Health Clearance and Resilience Review administration for International staff and other Medair representatives travelling to Medair’s country programmes.
- Ensure strong collaboration on administrative processes across HR, and other key functions such as the senior health focal point, through clear expectations, creating tools and structures that support collaboration and solves problems. Responsible for the management of the GSO induction schedule.
- Responsible for managing the Medair rented accommodation and booking visiting staff into available Medair rented accommodation.
- Oversee the Medair Volunteer programme. Ensuring Volunteers are selected and placed in accordance with Medair’s requirements. Oversee the management of donor audits on behalf of HR.
Medical Evacuation Support
- Support coordination between insurance companies, and Staff Health Focal Points during medical evacuations and eligibility of insurance claims.
- Be on call 24/7 for staff health focal points and HR partners in case of field medical emergencies.
Payroll and Benefits Management
- Process owner of payroll and the administration related to the Medair’s Insurance package for staff
- Review and approve invoices to be sent to Finance for payment, medical claims from IRS & GSO staff.
- Oversee liaison with external providers for payroll and insurance benefits to ensure Medair invests in an optimal use of resources and benefits package.
- Coordinate the timely preparation, payment and record-keeping of staff salaries and / or allowances in accordance with employment regulations.
- Oversee the Medair retirement savings plan ensuring staff receive in a timely manner.
- Responsible for appropriate training and procedures on benefits management in HR and for staff.
Database and Process Management
- Supervise the data entry of benefits and HR information ensuring data is logged and classified accurately in the relevant HR database. Responsible for regular monitoring and review of processes.
- Ensure Medair’s policies, practices and procedures are adhered to by the team and exceptions are approved and recorded according to guidelines.
- Supervise the Benefits & HR Administration Partners to ensure accurate invoicing and vendor management related to insurance providers and staff wellbeing expenses.
- Ensure appropriate internal communication is carried out to all parties involved in the accounting and management of payments, policy matters, procedures for re-imbursement of claims and settlements
- Manage timely monthly reporting to the broker ensuring joiners and leaver are captured, premium payments are accurate. Monitor monthly financial reports on claims payments.
- Report quarterly to internal stakeholders on status of claims and re-imbursements.
- Line management of the Benefits and HR Administration team.
- Ensure continued learning and development of the technical capabilities of the Benefits and HR Administration Team for personal growth and talent development.
- Continually improve on key processes, policies, procedures and information systems, through problem solving and new initiatives, in collaboration with the HR colleagues and stakeholders.
- Lead and collaborate on assigned HR projects, track progress and deliver outputs on schedule.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in HR or a related field. HR certification or Masters in a related field of operation.
- Good English & Working French (oral & written).
- 2-3 years of experience in leading and managing teams.
- 5 years of experience as an HR generalist/ business partner.
- Experience in supporting hiring managers, process-building, planning and execution, working under tight deadlines. Driven and result-oriented with a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong leadership skills
- Understanding of humanitarian sector or previous position in an NGO is a plus.
- Ability to work and analyze data. Organization and time management skills.
- Knowledgeable with the Microsoft office Environment. Working experience with an HRIS is a plus.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
- Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).