Project Assistant - Efficient and Accountable Local Governance (EALG)
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will carry out her/his duties under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator and general direction of the Operations Team. She/ He may be assigned to support the project activities in LGD/NILG as per requirement of the project. The Project Assistant will be responsible for the following main tasks. The summary of key functions are:
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism
- Have skill in designing M& E tools & techniques;
- Have significant skills in ICT, especially in the development of MIS software using database software (e.g. Access);
- Have expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
- Have strong knowledge on Action Research
- Strong communication and IT skill
Knowledge Management and Learning
- In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues with special focus on local governance
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with LGD, donors and project staff.
- Ability to support implementation and monitoring of the EALG Project.
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject.
- Diploma in ICT from a recognized computer institution will be considered an additional advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in secretarial duties and use of computers. Excellent computer skills and ability to provide ICT support, office software, internet and software applications.
- Good understanding of government filing and documentation system, experience in providing secretarial, logistic and other support in a project management set-up;
- Skilled in routine correspondence and supporting organizing general reference documents, data and collation of information;
- Experience in procurement of office supplies and equipment, maintaining appropriate inventory records;
- Have expertise in maintaining project files, documents and record keeping;
- Highly skilled in typing letters, documents, reports etc. in both Bangla and English and supporting data entry;
- Experience in asset management, procurement, data entry and analysis;
- Experience in working with UNDP or any UN agencies in similar positions would be an advantage;
Fluency in written and spoken English and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.