UN House Switchboard Operator/ Pouch Assistant
Under the overall guidance of the Operations Manager and daily supervision of UN House Common Services Assistant, the Switchboard Operator/ Pouch Assistant provides telephone communication and general reception and information services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Switchboard Operator/ Pouch Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Switchboard Operator/ Pouch Assistant works in close collaboration with the Management, Programme and Operations Teams personnel and ensure consistent service delivery
Duties and Responsibilities
1.Ensures the provision of front-desk service and telephone communication services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of all visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to the programme/project.
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol.
- Regular check and test of all lines
- Solution of minor technical problems, and reporting to telephone service provider for regular maintenance and repair.
- Management and planning of the front desk coverage.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for documents.
2. Ensures the most updated personnel and other contacts information, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection and update of personnel information on a monthly basis, ensuring all data and information is correct and accurate.
- Update of the office telephone list and programme/project directory, addresses of the Government, International Organizations, and NGOs counterparts and other important contacts.
- Reception of participants at Programme/Project meetings and events;
- Maintenance of personnel attendance record on a daily basis;
- Registration of incoming and outgoing correspondence and documents;
- Monitoring the work and schedule of programme drivers, cleaning ladies and security guards;
- Ensuring logistics support on programme/project activities;
- Copying and typing documents as requested;
- Translation and interpretation as requested;
3. Provides assistance in issues related to day-to-day maintenance of UN House and common utilities services:
- Assistance in collecting bills and proceeding payments for UN House common utilities services;
- Maintenance of office facilities and utilities in close cooperation with UN House intendant;
- Other related tasks assigned by OMT members.
4. Operates as UN House pouch assistant/focal point:
- Maintenance and registration of UN House’s incoming and outgoing shipments including diplomatic pouches;
- Follow up and verification of invoices received by express carrier;
- Collection and preparation of certifying requests and other documents for pouches/shipments form respective agencies;
- Reporting on outgoing and incoming shipment operations to respective agency on a regular basis;
- Other related tasks assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education.
- Secretarial or administrative trainings are desirable.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in the field of linguistics or international relations or other relevant fields would be an asset
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in the area of receptionist/secretarial or administrative support in national or international organizations.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in English, Russian and Kyrgyz
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.