Human Resources and Administration Officer
Duty Station :Lashio (Northern Shan State)
Employment category : H - Non-manager
Reporting to : Team Leader- Finance and Administration
Technical Line Manager : Human Resources and Administration Manager
Direct reports : No direct reports, but supervises cleaner & support service assistant
Overall purpose of the role:
Responsible for carrying out HR and administrative tasks as related to smooth operation of DRC.
Geographic scope: Area (NSS)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to area operations.
- Ensure the general HR standards & procedures defined in DRC Operations Handbook are applied and compliant at all times
- Support with all phases of recruitment
- Prepare and update briefing/induction packages for new staff and oversee/coordinate the induction process
- Assist with the Performance & Development Process
- Coordinate and develop a DRC training scheme for DRC employees with the help of the DRC Learning Catalogue
- Draft new and renewed contracts and other personnel-related issues with special attention to compensation and benefits
- Prepare, advice and oversee staff leaves and absences.
- Assist with the management of staff complaints through DRC established mechanisms and ensures DRC Code of Conduct is understood and abided at all times
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- Advise and assist management and employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns
- Review Human Resources processes and suggests improvements
- Assist in people planning activities (e.g. ensure job descriptions are in place for all roles)
- Assist or drive people well-being initiatives
- Supervise (Cleaner & Support Service Assistant) for effective functioning and supporting the projects smoothly.
- Advise and assist management and employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns.
- Manage, update and process the staff payrolls in close collaboration with the other departments, and ensure onward submission to finance department
- Ensure than onboarding and exit procedures are made for all staff in coordination with Logistics and Safety Department
- Assist the Team Leader of Finance and Administration in the management of administrative tasks
- Coordinate the organization of field visits for external visitors in terms of housing and transport
- Act as focal point for the administration of tenancy agreements & liaise with lessors
- Ensure that onboarding and exit procedures are made for all staff in coordination with Logistics and Safety Department Maintain and update lease agreements and coordinate the renewal of leases for office premises, guesthouse and expatriate housing. Act as the focal point for liaision with landlords.
- Act as focal point for guesthouse and expatriate houses, liaise with property landlords on any matters arising. Oversee repairs as required.
- Ensure all utility payments are done on timely basis.
- Ensure meetings for the senior management team are organised and other administrative support as may be required.
- Complete and submit (HR related) monthly operation report to Team leader-Finance & Administation.
- Complete and submit monthly update of the staff’s highlight report to HR (Yangon)
- Ensure that records of all Human Resources related information is kept and sent on timely basis to relevant parties (Staff list, leave record, salary band and step)
- Prepare and submit required reports on a monthly basis for auditing purposes
*Any other duties as requested by Manager.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Human Resources management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development Technical skills in managing compensation and benefits.
- (I)NGO experience is preferred
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using an online system for recruitments
- Familiarity with government systems and procedures
- Able to work independently, asking for help when deeded.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or Social Science Degree specializing in Human Resources or equivalent professional qualification
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Advanced English proficiency
- Preferably able to speak in local language (s)
- Understanding of operational context in Shan State.
- Basic understanding of humanitarian response principles.
- Starting date of employment: ASAP.
- Contract: Regular DRC staff contract, including a probation period of 3 months;
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities and woman are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references) by apply button.
No later than : 09 December 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and DRC reserves the right to initiate the recruitment process before the deadline for applications.