Land Tenure Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
This position is located in FAO Representation to Pakistan, based in Hyderabad. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR); direct supervision of FAO National Project Coordinator; oversight of the FAO international VGGT Adviser; close collaboration with government officials, including the National Project Director and National Focal Points of the Sindh Provincial Government’s Revenue Board and Planning and Development, and District/Divisional Revenue Department and Agriculture, Livestock, Irrigation and Forestry Offices; and assisted by project staff of the Project Management Unit (i.e. short-term international consultants and short and long-term national consultants recruited by FAO), and international and national sub-contractors (e.g. NGOs and consultancy firms).
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.