OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMECountry Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an enterprise resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESUnder the direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties\:Advises and supports the delivery of HR services in the areas of HR Planning, selections, recruitment, contract administration, entitlements and benefits, performance management, staff development and learning to staff at all levels;Performs the administration and operational requirements of all selection and recruitment formalities for fixed and short-term staff and non-staff in the professional and general services categories including\: --> Drafting vacancy notices; --> Advising and assisting technical staff in the preparation of submissions for Selection for approval;--> Ensuring all arrangements for interviewing and testing of prospective staff are made appropriately; --> Overseeing the recruitment and selections process;--> Establishing and maintaining rostersProvides expert advice and support to end-users on HR issues offered by the global management system and GSM effective use, in order to enable client services to achieve both operational and strategic objectives;--> Timely initiate HRAPs for reassignments/redeployments/terminations and extensions of short-term and fixed term appointments at least 3 months before the expiry date ensuring that performance evaluation reports for staff are concluded and medical clearances are received timely;Reviews, develops, drafts job descriptions, in consultation with the relevant supervisors or Program Officers;--> Reviews post descriptions for new, vacant or revised positions against existing post descriptions; --> Identifies changes to the post descriptions, bringing major changes to the attention of the HR Officer in the regional Office;--> Reviews requests for reclassification of General Service posts by preparing background documentation for action by the HR Officer in the regional Office.Ensures pre-recruitment and onboarding formalities are carried out in timely manner and in according with rules and regulations by\: --> Providing briefing and orientation to newly arrived/recruited staff members/Consultants; --> Providing HR support to new comers on all HR and administrative issues and procedures;Acts as focal point for Staff Development and Learning activities and programs i.e.--> initiation and coordination of trainings, orientations, briefings of staff members;--> Assist all staff to complete BSAFE;Provides Human Resources advice to management regarding staffing-related issues;Interacts with managers to identify staff related-business issues and provides guidance, tools and support to address them in the most effective and efficient way; Updates information on all HR issues, staff members, types of contracts and locations on monthly basis to ensure accuracy of information; Performs other functions as required by supervisor.
EducationEssential\: University Degree in human resources management, business or public administration, administrative law, social sciences or other related areas
Desirable\: Master's degree in Human Resources Management, business or Public Administration, administrative law, or other related fields
ExperienceEssential\: At least one (01) year of professional experience with an emphasis on human resources management and planning areas in international organizations.
Desirable\: --> Good knowledge of UN/WHO human resources management and end-to-end business processes; --> Experience in project management, ideally in the UN System and/or a public health context; Good knowledge of ERP Systems
SkillsGood knowledge of human resources management theories and principles;Ability to interpret Staff Rules and personnel policies and determine entitlements; Ability to counsel and communicate effectively;Demonstrated supervisory skills
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Expert knowledge of Portuguese.
Desirable\: Beginners knowledge of English.
REMUNERATIONRemuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 32,079 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.