Education Project Manager - Host Communities "Nationals Only"
Duties and responsibilities
· Ensure the provision of Education programming as laid out in country strategy; and implement the 2019/2020 core competency action plans
· Refine quality and measurement of implementation of Safe and Inclusive School package for continued roll out and scale up
· Oversee school infrastructure activities (school rehabilitation and installation of solar energy systems) and the school shelter team responsible for the implementation of the activities
· Oversee the contracting and construction management process for school infrastructure projects
· Work closely with the Education Specialist to mainstream non-specialised psychosocial support approaches through remedial education interventions
· Proactively identify opportunities for partnership and coordination in the education programme and school rehabilitation/construction interventions at the local level
· Support the design and development of programme approaches and activities that can be piloted and expanded to other project areas
· Support Education assessments (including assessments into new areas of operation and innovative programming methods) and ensure evidence based programming
· Support the development of M&E systems, and ensure M&E compliance, together with the Education Specialist, Area Manager and M&E Manager
· Ensure an effective communication flow between local-level education actors and Specialist team to inform advocacy messages
- Line management for project staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and Core Competency strategies.
- Initiate and participate in the development of relevant projects.
- Coordinate and manage project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Line Manager and the Core Competency Specialist.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection; explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with coordinators) and coordinate across Core Competencies.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are
· Relevant core competency implementation staff
· Core Competency Specialists
· Support teams, Finance, HR, Admin and Logistics
· Technical advisors/support (MERO)
· Communications staff
· Protection staff
· M&E department
· Others: Area Operations
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional Competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
· Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
· Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
· Technical CC (X) expertise.
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
· Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
· Valid driver’s license.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: Bachelor degree or higher
Years of Experience: 3
· Contextual understanding of Education sector and stakeholders in Jordan a value added
· Fluency in Arabic a value added
· Strong project management skills.
2. Behavioral Competencies
· Handling insecure environments
· Planning and delivering results
· Managing resources to optimize results
· Empowering and building trust
· Managing performance and development
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
· The Job Description
· The work and Development Plan
· The NRC Competency Framework
We can offer
Contract period: Through to 30 September 2020 (Renewal based on funding and performance)
Salary/benefits: 2558 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Irbid
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing,training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent.Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.