National Monitoring and Reporting Specialist (ECTAD)
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. With presently 194 member states, FAO works in more than 130 countries worldwide, including Vietnam where the Organization has operated since 1978. The current Country Programming Framework (CPF) for the period of 2017‑2021 has four priority areas\: (1) Increased food security with focus on alleviation of hunger, malnutrition and food safety concerns; (2) Sustainable development of the agriculture sectors, contributing to the national Green Growth and other strategies on improved natural resources management and environment protection; (3) New Rural Development and Sustainable Poverty Reduction; and (4) Enhanced resilience of communities to disasters and threats. The incumbent’s tasks will largely fall under the fourth priority area. The contract extension will be considered based on the consultant performance and fund availability.
The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Viet Nam, the direct supervision of ECTAD Senior Technical Coordinator of the Emergency Center for Transboundary Animal Disease (ECTAD) in Viet Nam.
Project Management support.
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.