Cash and Market Systems- Program Coordinator-(Re-advertised)
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Title: Cash and Market Systems- Program Coordinator-(Re-advertised)
Location: Addis Ababa
Reports to: Head of Program
Start of Contract & Duration: 6 months
Posting date: November 26, 2019
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
DRC Ethiopia is looking for an experienced Cash and Market Systems Coordinator who will provide targeted and high-quality technical oversight, guidance, hands-on implementation support and strengthening the capacity of DRC’s market systems interventions, including emergency cash/voucher distribution. A specific focus of the role is to provide technical leadership and to strategically develop the quality, impact and protection integration of DRC’s Market Systems-based programming, including cash/voucher-based distribution activities in line with DRC procedures and global standards and towards the achievement of the country program mission and vision. The role reports to the Head of Program and is considered to be a senior member of the program team. Perfect candidate would have the following competencies and skills:
- Experience in market assessments and livelihoods approaches.
- Experience in applying different analytical tools to determine the best and most appropriate cash transfer modality
- Experience setting up SOPs and training staff in applying those
- Experience negotiating with the financial service providers and scanning the network to always stay on the top of the new developments.
- Experience representing the organization and engaging in the strategic conversations both internally and externally
The candidate will be leading technical input provision during the program development processes and is expected to actively engage with the field offices providing monitoring and evaluation as well as on-site technical guidance to program operations. The position will report to the Head of Programs and will be based in Addis Ababa with frequent travel to the areas of operation.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Experience in rapidly changing humanitarian and emergency contexts and of working with forcibly displaced people
- Relevant practitioner knowledge of and experience with relevant cash programming technical tools and guidance, and in particular of the Basic Needs Approach and using Multi-Purpose Cash
- Knowledge of and experience in designing, implementing and measuring Market Systems Development programming
- Strong operational/implementation knowledge of cash-based programming –modalities and on payment systems/transfer mechanisms
- Experience delivering targeted and high quality technical training and capacity building, including in settings with remote technical management/limited access
- Substantial experience in both a technical advisory role and with hands-on programme management and implementation across the project/programme cycle
- Confident and effective representation and communication skills
- Strong proposal development and report-writing skills
- Analytical thinking and supervisory skills
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills, including working with different groups, partners and nationalities
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than December 9, 2019.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics