Senior Field Programme Officer
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments.
• People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization.
• Coordinates programmes and reviews the assessments of issues and trends for the implementation of programmes and projects and the preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies;
• Supervises preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications;
• Directs substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations;
• Manages outreach activities; designs and conducts training workshops, seminars, makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
• Leads field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties;
• Represents the Organization at international meetings and conferences, identifies and implements strategic partnerships, advocates best practices and increased dialogue and develops and negotiates effective working relationships/consensus and agreements with international and national stakeholders.
• Manages and supervises (as Budget Holder) the implementation of regional projects.
• Supports Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) countries and subregions in projects operational management including daily support in project management and implementation of FAO policies and procedures as well as assessment and strengthening of country offices capacities for project implementation.
• Oversees FAO project cycle for all projects of the region, ensuring results-based focus and adherence to FAO procedures and processes.
• Ensures proactive monitoring of the region's delivery and project implementation, supporting early action to address critical situations.
• Supervises the management of the Technical Cooperation Programme (TCP) in the region.
• Supervises the work of the Support Team for Rapid Growth Countries, providing guidance and orientation as required to ensure countries preparation for the implementation of large scale projects.
• Supervises and provides guidance to the Regional Coordination Team for resources mobilization, which supports countries to achieve their targets, in close collaboration with Strategic Programmes and Regional Initiatives Teams and in coordination with PSR and other relevant HQ Units.
• Collaborates with other RLC functional units (Administration and Finance, HR and FAORs Network) in addressing country offices functional and management issues, making proposals for improving processes and procedures and strengthening capacities thereof.
• Collaborates with the Strategic Programme Leader and the Planning Officer on the establishment of a regional capacity evaluation and knowledge management.
• Supervises and monitors the performance of assigned staff and support capacity development of the team.
• Measures, monitors and reports on the implementation of the field programme in countries and region, and provides forecasts and trend analysis to management to support strategy development.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Ten years of relevant experience in results based project/programme planning, implementation, and monitoring including systems/appraisal.
• Working knowledge of English and Spanish.
• Leading, Engaging and Empowering
• Partnering and Advocating
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Extent and relevance of experience and skills in programme/project identification, formulation, analysis, planning and implementation.
• Extent and relevance of experience in the management of medium to large-scale programmes/projects at country and regional levels, including in-depth knowledge of related administrative, operational and financial procedures.
• Demonstrated experience in resource mobilization, donor relations, and partnership building.
• Limited knowledge of French is an asset.