Operations Planning Support
- Function title: Operations Planning Support
- Reference: NOC-MA-2019-FGII/161
- Location: Maastricht
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Grades: 4/5
- Generic post: Clerical Assistant (FG-II) (4/5)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 3 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/ATM/CO/Planning and Support Office
- Competition publication date: 27/11/2019
- Competition closing date: 08/01/2020 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the Current Operations is responsible for providing air traffic control service.
You will perform the following tasks under the responsibility of your superior:
- Support the team in delivering timely availability and maintenance of roster plans as support to operational staff;
- Plan duties for a large number of staff in a precise manner according to pre-set requirements;
- Identify pro-actively possible staffing planning issues and assist in finding suitable alternatives;
- Prepare reports and extract statistical data when required;
- Provide any other planning support related activities as required.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Post-secondary education in a relevant domain or secondary education with relevant professional experience of at least 3 years.
- In addition to the above, minimum 1 year of relevant working experience.
- Knowledge in resource management (i.e. planning, rostering, etc).
- Knowledge of planning tools (i.e.: roster and duty planning tools).
- Team work: displays a collaborative approach.
- Problem solving: responds to (routine) problems as they arise by applying job knowledge.
- Communication: fosters two-way communication.
- Planning and organizing: displays an organized and methodical approach.
- Quality focus: delivers consistent quality of work.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are French and English. For this particular position, thorough knowledge of English is required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year(s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Candidates should go to our Jobs website and read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.