Quality Assurance Officer (RBM)
Under the direct supervision of the UNEP Programme Coherence and Assurance (PCA) Head of Unit, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist operationalization of project reviews in the Project Review Committee (PRC) Secretariat within the Programme Coherence and Assurance Unit as follows: Projects that are submitted to the PRC have been reviewed against agreed criteria and specific recommendations are made for areas needing improvement. Where feasible, practical suggestions for such improvements are included. Projects must align to the Subprogramme Frameworks and to the project design parameters as per the UN Environment programme manual and the quality of project design criteria. GEF projects, in addition, must align with the relevant GEF focal area strategies
- Shall use the Matrix for quality of project design assessment criteria to provide assessment of projects submitted for review, both at Concept Stage or at Full project document stage.
- Data on scores obtained by each project after applying the “quality of project design matrix” will be kept enabling analysis of trends within the organization.
- Analytical work using project assessments and or the quality of project design matrix content contributing to refinement of existing tools for PRC process.
- Note taking at Project Review Committee sessions to support the Secretariat in issuing PRC reports
Business administration, project management, M&E, development studies or related fieldsRequired experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least 3 year of strong project management and related project experience that can relate to results based management (RBM)Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Required experience in
- Project development and management
- Quality assurance of project design and/or evaluation
- Results-based management (RBM)
Following experience is an advantage:
- Research in social or environmental development
Accountability, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams