Partnerships and Communications Analyst
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Head of Communication and Partnerships Unit or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will carryout the following functions:
- Strategic advocacy and partnership development: · Support the development and implementation of the Communication and Partnership Action Plan (CPAP) to facilitate development of new partnerships, mobilise resources and enhance UNDP’s visibility. Support advocacy activities and recommendations with a view to positioning UNDP strongly; and · Analyze local donor trends in the UNDP funding landscape, especially those tailored towards supporting outcomes under the country office’s priority activities.
- Support to mobilization of non-core resources: · Provide effective and efficient support to COs efforts towards mobilization of non-core resources in all aspects of resource mobilization; · Identify and develop opportunities for non-core resource mobilization and advise on appropriate strategies and approaches to seize them; and · Contribute to the development of in-house strategies and procedures for non-core resource mobilization, including through strategic partners.
- Effective donor relations: · Based on in-depth knowledge of local environment, identify targeted interventions to mobilize support for UNDP and influence positively resident donors’ funding allocation and related decision-making processes; and · Build, nurture and maintain effective internal and external working relations, including with relevant partners implementing donor-funded activities.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing: · Identification and formulation of lessons learned and recommendations to be integrated into broader CO knowledge management efforts; · Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice; and · Organization and conduct of trainings on RM and partnerships building in the Country Office.Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
Advanced University Degree in International Development, Economics, Political or Social
Sciences, or any Development related field.Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in development cooperation, including at country-level;
- Significant experience in partnership building, communication and resource mobilization;
- Experience in strategy development and donor and UN partnerships/public relations at the international level;
- Experience in development financing will be an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Outstanding analytical capability, ability to position UNDP politically and strategically, and knowledge and competency to shape corporate policy;
Strong understanding of global development issues;
Familiarity with UNDP policies and procedures and practice areas;
Proven oral and written communications skills and demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills;
Strong teamwork, and proven ability to work in a complex multi-cultural environment;
Very strong initiative-taker.
Capacity to move complex processes forward to achieve articulated results, work at varying levels and on different projects simultaneously (personal organization, and ability for multi-tasking). Ability to work under pressure, and to live comfortably with change; · Superior networking capability, paired with strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills; substantive ability and presence to represent UNDP, as well as to interact effectively with senior management and with other units around results
Supervisory skills and experience; ability to work as part of a team in a constantly evolving work environment.Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Communication, Creativity, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness