Public Information/Web and Social Media Assistant
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of UN Communication Officer the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist the supervisor in the planning and implementation of the public information and public awareness activities.
- Ensure the presence of the UN in Ukraine and issues related to the UN activities in Ukraine through the website run by the office, and social media accounts in Facebook, Twiter, Flickr, Yutube, etc.; organize social media campaigns.
- Upload and update content on the new website of the United Nations in Ukraine.
- Contribute to the production of information material for public awareness campaigns and for the preparation of in-house bulletins, newsletters and information kits; liaise with printers concerning brochures and publications published by the office.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, feature stories and other advocacy and information materials for both web-based and traditional media.
- Monitor national, regional and international media and keep the office informed on the vital developments and issues, which can be of relevance to UN in Ukraine.
- Maintain data base of contacts (including media, NGO and government partners) and news clippings; maintain an up-to-date filing system and library.
- Classify and maintain adequate stock of UN in Ukraine visibility materials.
- Perform other duties as required, including unofficial translations as and when necessary.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor
- Draft posts for UN social media (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Flickr), according to the most recent trends, using variety of digital tools
- Turn around UN HQ information into compelling content to post on UN social media channels and websites
- Support live coverage from events
- Assist UN Public Information Officer in the daily monitoring of social media accounts
- Proactively contribute suggestions and ideas for that will add value to UN in Ukraine digital communications
- Monthly reports of social media and website statistics
- Plan news flow and UN editorial calendar
- Edit photos and videos as needed
- Follow statistics of UN social media accounts via analytics tool
- Monitor UN Agencies websites for news, events, new publications for reposting
University degree in linguistics, journalism, communications, web and social media or equivalentRequired experience: 24 Months Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Ukrainian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent