Civil Affairs Reports Officer
Juba (South Sudan)
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Civil Affairs Officer/Civil Affairs Director, Civil Affairs Headquarter (HQ) Information and Analysis Cell Team Leader, or the relevant State Office Team Leader, or periodically their respective designate, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Produce accurate, timely and edited consolidated daily reports based on inputs received from the state and HQ offices or from within a state office;
- Produce consolidated thematic weekly and monthly reports on the central themes, issues and associated Civil Affairs actions based on inputs received from state and HQ offices, or from within a state office;
- Report on key aspects related to the UNMISS Civil Affairs mandate;
- Maintain a mechanism to track use of Result Based Budgeting (RBB) tools and the RBB database;
- Establish and maintain a Civil Affairs Division (CAD) partners/contacts database;
- Produce briefs and other analytic reports as required on political developments, peace processes, conflict and insecurity;
- Work with designated information technology staff to manage Civil Affairs information and produce summary reports;
- Consolidate market information received from state offices and incorporate it into a database that produces trends and other summary information;
- Participate in meetings on behalf of CAD with other UN Agencies, civil society organisations and other partners;
- Participate in Civil Affairs management initiatives, especially those related to reporting and management of information;
- Liaise with partners to disseminate the UNMISS and CAD mandate;
- Support the organisation of workshops and other team building activities;
- Conduct field missions as assigned;
- Undertake other related tasks as directed by the supervisor, Senior Civil Affairs Officer and/or Director of the Civil Affairs Division.
- University Degree in conflict related studies, political economy and/or any relevant social science discipline;
- Advanced Degree is preffered.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience in coordination and liaison with partners and stakeholders;
- Analytical skills in relation to political, security, social and economic dynamics;
- Proven report-writing in the official language of the mission without the need of further grammatical editing is mandatory;
- Knowledge management, archiving and documentation is mandatory;
- Experience in working in the area of conflict management: prevention, mitigation, resolution is preferred.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment;
- Experience working in conflict situations an asset;
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System;
- Sound security awareness.
Accountability, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams